Little League "Amateur" Scoring

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
gadgetfreak

Little League "Amateur" Scoring

Post by gadgetfreak » Tue May 19, 2009 5:14 am

I am a blackberry guy but could not find any decent apps for the BB. So, since I had an ipod touch anyway, I bought this program and figured I would take another (small) device to my 8-year old's little league games. I am not a coach this season (may offer next though) - just a proud father. I would like to use this to record the game for my son's team but I don't really need to know that much about the other team.

I have a few issues.

1) I know all the names and numbers of the kids on my son's team but I do not see the batting order or anything for the other team until they are actually at bat. I seem to have to create a second team anyway with a lineup and positions. Should I do this as each kid is up to bat (with just their numbers since I don't have their names)? Or is there a way to create a "generic" other team that I can use each time?

2) Both teams change some of the fielding positions almost every inning. Although some kids play the same position several times that is not always the case. How easy is it to move kids each inning? This isn't the pros. We don't wait for commercials between innings :). Will I have time to move everything around?

Basically, I am wondering if their are any other little league dads out here that may use this the same way I want to - mostly for your own son, secondly for his team and we don't really care about the other team at all?

Thanks, in advance, for any help.
gadgetfreak

Re: Little League "Amateur" Scoring

Post by gadgetfreak » Tue May 19, 2009 5:27 am

It looks like question #1 of mine was already answered in other posts on the FAQ forum. I should have done a better search last night. But I don't think I found an answer to #2.
EagleDad

Post by EagleDad » Tue May 19, 2009 6:13 am

I understand exactly what you are going through!
My son plays senior league and they switch kids every inning, but the app works very well and quickly. Like you said I have our team setup with numbers and names, and I also have an opponent team with only one player.

When your team takes the field, just tap on the position with the new player and change which child is now playing that position. It goes very quickly so it has not been a problem for me to move 5 or 6 positions around each inning.

As long as I have our lineup correct to start the game everything seems to run pretty smooth!

Good luck! :D
cherrybomb

Post by cherrybomb » Tue May 19, 2009 8:33 am

I have to change kids every inning too. It was easy. With the update its even easier, I think.
gadgetfreak

Post by gadgetfreak » Tue May 19, 2009 9:51 am

Great. Thanks for the replies. Do you think having an opponent team with one generic player is better/worse than having an opponent team with 10 generic players? Does it matter?

Also, anyone know why I am not getting instant e-mail updates to this thread? I specifically activated that feature when I posted the new thread.

Thanks again.
cherrybomb

Post by cherrybomb » Wed May 20, 2009 7:17 pm

Must confess I tried to use this tonight "live" at a game for the first time, and when I tried to change player positions it would only bring up sub players, not the whole line up. I'm sure its something I've done, but I didn't have time to figure it out during the game.
bsweetser

Post by bsweetser » Wed May 20, 2009 7:27 pm

I'm assuming the players aren't changing places in the lineup, right? If you just need to change positions, you can select the lineup position to change, and just select the new position on the field. The person who was in the position will then be listed with a question mark. You can then tap that person in the line up, and select the new position for that person.

ben
cherrybomb

Post by cherrybomb » Wed May 20, 2009 7:46 pm

That's what I did before - just select a position, and it would bring up a window where I could change all the positions. Now it brings up a window for me to change the line up. I'm very confused.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed May 20, 2009 8:03 pm

If you are scoring a game where the whole lineup is batting, it brings up a different screen than a game where not all players are batting.

When all players bat, clicking a defensive position assumes you are just moving players around (since there are no "substitutes" in a game where everyone bats... just players moving around the field).

In a game where not everyone is batting, clicking a defensive position brings up a screen where you are asked to select the substitute for that position (from the list of people not batting).

If you have a situation where you would normally have all players bat, but one or more do not show up for the game, you should remove them from the lineup (not the Team Manager roster) so iScore does not think you are in a subsitute style game.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
cherrybomb

Post by cherrybomb » Wed May 20, 2009 8:16 pm

Ah, I wondered if it was something like this. Normally I remove the non-playing players, but I for some reason got the idea that it was better just to put them as non-batting.

I had a player one night, who came, but was "lent" to another team. I put her as non-batting because I wanted it to show the correct number of games she played in. Is this wrong?

If I remove the players from the line up after the game is started, will it mess things up like it did in the previous version? Do I need to start fresh?