Scoring question

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
nicett

Scoring question

Post by nicett » Mon May 18, 2009 1:50 pm

I had the following situation the other day and I'm not sure how to score it:

- Man on first, no outs
- batter hits ground ball to first, Error (e3)
- ball goes all the way to right field
- right fielder throws to first, who throws home to get runner from first
- man on first safe at home
- batter on first went to second on throw home but tagged out by short stop on throw from catcher.

This is a complicated play but Iam unable to show the correct scoring in the score sheet. I'm getting 2 error when there is only one. Also, The batter does not show e3 next to first base and then to9-3-2-6. How should I score this?

To add a twist, assume the batter did not go to second and stated at first. How would you score this scenario without giving an RBI and without showing two errors?

Thanks
thane11

Re: Scoring question

Post by thane11 » Mon May 18, 2009 2:16 pm

You can do it but it takes two steps.

First the innitial error puts the batter on first and the runner on third, click on In Play/Safe, Error, give the error to the first baseman (E3), put the runner on 3rd due to the error and put the better on first.

Second, click on the runner on third base. click on out and I'd choose the button marked "tagged out" unless you see a better one.

This way you get the error and the out at the plate scored correctly.
nicett

Post by nicett » Mon May 18, 2009 4:31 pm

The score card is not scoring correctly. Need help
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon May 18, 2009 5:04 pm

This situation can not currently be scored showing all touches correctly. The problem is that we only keep one set of "touches" per play. In your case, you are trying to score both the "E3" for the runner reaching first ("3" being the touch), and the "9-3-2-6" for that same batter being thrown out at second on the same play.

Internally, we are storing the data just as you entered it (which is probably correct), but on the scorecard, we only keep the last touches entered on the play.

We will fix this for our next release. Your statistics should be correct on the play even though the scorecard won't show the complete detail of what took place.

Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
nicett

Post by nicett » Mon May 18, 2009 7:06 pm

Thank you for your quick response. assuming, however, the batter did not go to second and remained at first, i scored the following:

1. in play/safe - e3 for the batter
2. for the runner on first, i touched home, then error, then first base.
3. Then for the batter, i held up.

scorecard seems to show the correct scoring, and so does the pitcher's stats ( 1 run scored but unearned). But the box score shows the one run but two (2) errors instead of one (1). the runner on first scored on the e3, so I would I score this? What am I doing wrong?
nicett

Post by nicett » Tue May 19, 2009 7:03 am

Am I doing something wrong regarding the above scenario? I want to make sure I'm using the program correctly.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue May 19, 2009 8:22 am

It sounds like you are entering the play correctly, and the issue you are seeing is that the error is being counted twice in the box score? Is that correct?

If so, we will see what we can do about addressing this in the 1.70 release as well.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
nicett

Post by nicett » Tue May 19, 2009 9:36 am

yes, the box score shows 2 errors instead of 1. Thank you!!!!!