Posting Pics to the Home Page

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
rgossard

Posting Pics to the Home Page

Post by rgossard » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:51 am

I can not post pictures or slide shows to my Web Page's Home Page. It works fine in the Photos section, but not the Home Page. I used Picasa to embed the link (slide show) for the Photos section.
OhioTex

Re: Posting Pics to the Home Page

Post by OhioTex » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:20 am

The home page is an HTML editable page. it is different than the photo page. Use basic HTML editing technigues to insert pictures.
rgossard

Post by rgossard » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:56 pm

Thanks, I finally figured it out. How about deleting photos from the photo page?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:03 am

Log in as Administrator, go to the Photos tab, and click the Delete button in the upper right of the picture you want to remove.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
rgossard

Post by rgossard » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:22 pm

Thanks, I didn't see that option because my pics were too large.
Stadtusquo

Post by Stadtusquo » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:54 pm

OK.... for those of us that are not very website savvy, I tried to upload our Team Logo to our Team website. I located it via "browse"....
The photo shows in my uploads, but how do I put it on our Home page???
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:26 pm

it sounds like you wanted to change out the iscore logo on the site with your logo.
but you inadvertently, uploaded your logo on the "photo page" instead of the "setting page".

to change out the default iscore logo to your own logo, you do that on the settings page, (click settings, then sign in as admin), fyi - sometimes, depending on browser you use, you may be dropped back to home page after logging in, no problem, just click on settings again to pull up settings controls.

on settings page...
look under the section called "header" .
that is what you want to play with for site logo and banner.
You will see two different 'upload options'
(both done by clicking on folder icon, then browse, upload, select, etc)

types..
'header logo' - image will appear in upper left corner of your site on all pages
(where iscore logo is by default)

'header background image' - will appear across the top of your site as a 'banner'.
(if image is not as wide as screen it will repeat to fill the width)

if your logo is clipped vertically, you can play with the 'top boarder height' pixel setting

Is that what you wanted to acomplish?

Alternatively, if you really wanted to place your logo just on the home page only, you do that using HTML or the HTML editor provided by the site. just sign in as admin, click on 'edit home page', (upper left box). then edit page as you want. using HTML or built in editor. In the editor there is an insert/ edit image icon on the tool bar (between anchor and paintbrush menu icons). you will need a URL for your image of course, if you uploaded it within team web site, you can use the URL it provides.
Stadtusquo

Post by Stadtusquo » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:41 pm

I tried to grab the photo from my "available images" and there is nothing there to "accept" or "apply" or "submit"???? I am not the most computer literate, sorry.
When I click on the "logo folder" it keeps putting me to my "available Image" page and then I have no clue what to do, next. I wish there were simple instructions on adding things to site.
Happily, I was successful in adding my Google Calendar. I just can't figure how to do the Logo Photo, Background Photo, or any photo. Ugh...

Stadtusquo
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:37 pm

don't worry almost there.

use this board to get help.., go slow and, describe specifically what you have done and where you are and we will help you.. (the less you provide, the harder to help/ left guessing where you are)

sounds like you are on your team web site, logged in as administrator and on your settings page, you have clicked on logo folder, browsed (selected your file), Uploaded the picture and now have "available images". Next you click on teh image you want. you will then be brought back to the settings page and will see the adress of the picture you choose typed in. scroll to bottom of page and hit save (or test). Sometimes have to refresh the browser for the logo to show up. That is it

let us know how it goes.
us6krums

Post by us6krums » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:48 pm

Does anyone know if Flickr works with the the site? I am trying to have videos that are accessible to the families. Debating on YouTube, Flickr, and MobileMe. Looking for feedback on ease of use and don't quite understand frames and a little slow on HTML editing....much thanks!