RBI Calculations

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
khaubold

RBI Calculations

Post by khaubold » Tue May 12, 2009 8:11 pm

Hi, today I used iScore for the first time, and I really liked it. I did have a question tho -
This was in my daughters high school softball game.
1 out, runners on 2nd and 3rd
Batter grounds into a 6-3 out with the runner from 3rd scoring and the runner from 2nd advancing to 3rd, but the program did not give the batter credit for an RBI.

Suggestions?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: RBI Calculations

Post by FTMSupport » Tue May 12, 2009 8:16 pm

Chances are you used "Held Up" for the runner that advanced to home instead of "Advanced by Batter". This has been documented in a few places on this forum.

The release that is awaiting Apple's approval makes it so in the case of a runner going to home, "Held Up" is treated the same as "Advanced by Batter" for RBI calculations.

This will be retroactive to previously scored games as well.

In the meantime, be sure to use Advanced by Batter for runners that are scoring.

Thank you.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
khaubold

Post by khaubold » Tue May 12, 2009 8:25 pm

Any way to go and fix this without undoing 5 inning?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue May 12, 2009 9:14 pm

Undo is the only way we currently have of editing a game.

Version 1.70 (not 1.60 which will be out as soon as Apple approves it) will include basic editing of any play during a game even after scoring is complete.

As noted though... when version 1.60 comes out, the Held Up entries will be counted as RBI's automatically - no need to re-enter anything if you can wait for that release.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs