Adding players

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
coachmom

Adding players

Post by coachmom » Tue May 12, 2009 10:50 am

I just purchased this app to score my daughters fastpitch softball games. I have not used it yet but plan on trying it today.
Can I add the players to the opposing team lineup as they come up to bat by just using their jersey number or must I have their names?
It would make my life easier if I could just use jersey numbers.

Also it appears that when I click on add player to one team it shows the entire list for our team. Is there a way to separate the player list so that each list only shows players on their own team?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Adding players

Post by FTMSupport » Tue May 12, 2009 11:24 am

The suggested way of doing this is to create a "fake" team for the opponent before the game starts, and you can put in "player 1", "player 2", "player 3" or whatever for the names. As the players come up, you can edit their names/numbers in the lineup. (Or only number if you want... you can just leave the names as player 1, player 2, etc).

When create a roster in Team Manager, it will always show all players in the system. Once you have a team created, when you are doing substitutions, it only shows the players on that team.

Make sure you watch the YouTube videos before scoring... you will be glad you did.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
coachmom

Post by coachmom » Tue May 12, 2009 11:36 am

Thanks I will watch those videos.
This seems like a great program.

I was wondering if in the future you may be adding some preferences that are geared towards fastpitch softball.
ie... games are 7 innings so ERA calculation would be different, there is no balk but illegal pitch in fastpitch to name a few.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue May 12, 2009 4:09 pm

Yes, we will be adding more softball specific features in the future. The things you mentioned, and also the DP/Flex rule. We have Designated Hitter, but DP/Flex is just different enough that it needs another interface.

Thank you.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs