How do I substitute a player in a game?

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

How do I substitute a player in a game?

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:39 pm

We tried to cover most scenarios in the YouTube video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXJ-r42T0Js" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false), but this is one of the scenarios we did not cover.

To put a pinch hitter in for a batter, touch the batter when they are shown at bat, and iScore will bring up a "Substitute Batter" screen. This will list all players who are not currently marked as "Batting" in the lineup. Select the player from the list, and that player will be substituted for the current batter.

To substitute a defensive player, touch the box in the field with the player # that you want to make a substitution for, and select the player that should now be playing that position. If you select a player that is already "batting", you are just changing the player's position. If you select a player that is not currently "batting", then that player is being substituted for the player you touched, and when on offense, you will see the new player in that batter's spot when they come up to bat.

NOTE: Do NOT try to make these kinds of changes in the Lineup screen. The Lineup screen is intended to be the original lineup as submitted by coaches at the beginning of the game, and will not reflect the substitutions you have made.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
SharkBait

Re: How do I substitute a player in a game?

Post by SharkBait » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:11 am

Argh. This would have been a good one to include in the tutorial. I'm glad to find this though... It was kind of irritating to have to "do the math" to see what the current pitcher's pitch count is.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:31 am

We are going to be creating a new tutorial soon to demonstrate newer features as well. We try to be complete with the video, but there is a lot of functionality, and it is hard to cover everything, so we try to use this forum to expand on things we miss, or explain in more detail as needed.

The release currently awaiting approval actually covers a situation we had originally not designed in for pitch counts... in some leagues, you are allowed to change pitchers, then bring a pitcher back in that was already pitching (happens a lot in youth softball for example). Right now, the pitch counts return to zero every time a new pitcher enters the game. With the release awaiting approval, the pitch counts are remembered for each pitcher, so if a pitcher comes back in, it continues the pitch counts where they left off.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
SharkBait

Post by SharkBait » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:54 am

FTMSupport wrote:We are going to be creating a new tutorial soon to demonstrate newer features as well. We try to be complete with the video, but there is a lot of functionality, and it is hard to cover everything, so we try to use this forum to expand on things we miss, or explain in more detail as needed.

The release currently awaiting approval actually covers a situation we had originally not designed in for pitch counts... in some leagues, you are allowed to change pitchers, then bring a pitcher back in that was already pitching (happens a lot in youth softball for example). Right now, the pitch counts return to zero every time a new pitcher enters the game. With the release awaiting approval, the pitch counts are remembered for each pitcher, so if a pitcher comes back in, it continues the pitch counts where they left off.
I had not thought of that. Rare in our case, but possible...

Thanks for paying attention to feedback. I think you guys are on the road to a pretty slick little app here...