Upgrading to a new Device (new iPhone, new iPad, etc)

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Upgrading to a new Device (new iPhone, new iPad, etc)

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:04 am

(reposted from another response)

When doing an upgrade to a new device, there are a few steps you should do to ensure iScore and all data makes it to your new device.

First, make sure you do an Options->Export from your old device and keep a note of your old Customer ID (on Options screen)... this will ensure you never lose data, and will always have access to your old data.

The easiest is a straight upgrade to a new phone. Just do a backup of your old phone, install your new phone, and restore your old backup to your new device. Everything should be there just fine.

If you used an In App purchase to buy MLB Rosters, you can then go through the steps to buy them again on your new phone using the same account, and iTunes will recognize you already made the purchase and ask if you want to download again for free (In App purchases work just like any Application in this case).

If you have a Team Website, then yes, you will have to notify us of your old customer ID and new customer ID so we can make your team website point to your new device.

For an iPad upgrade, things are a little different. You can't just do the backup / restore. In this case, you would put iScore on the iPad (you can still use the one from the iPhone if you would like, or you can purchase the one specfically for the iPad). You would then use Data Sharing to transfer your games to the new device. More information can be found on Data Sharing at this link: http://iscorecentral.com/baseball/dsfaq.php.

For MLB Rosters on the iPad, if you have already purchased using In App purchase on your iPhone, you can transfer them to the iPad yourself by installing the iPhone version of iScore on your iPad, then do the steps to purchase again using the same iTunes Account information you originally used to make the MLB Roster purchase. iTunes will recognize you already made the purchase and allow you to get the rosters for free. (NOTE: Do NOT do this with the iPad version because the in app purchase for the iPad version is a different "product" on iTunes, so it would charge you again.) Once you have done the steps above, the MLB Rosters will also be available in the iPad version of iScore on your new iPad device because the rosters will have been activated on our servers for your device.

If you ever run into trouble, we can always help with the transfer. By doing an Options->Export and noting your Customer ID before an upgrade, you can always use Data Sharing to get your old data as well.

Hope this helps...
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
Coz

Re: Upgrading to a new Device (new iPhone, new iPad, etc)

Post by Coz » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:06 am

Is it possible to have 2 devices point to 1 account? I recently upgraded to an iPad but would occasionally like to use my iPhone.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:19 am

Coz, it is not possible at this time to have two devices point to a single account. (also I would not expect that to change any time in the foreseeable future, i have not heard any indications that is on any future plans.). The iscore application associates itself with a unique device ID, that is how it is designed.

Many people have multiple devices. And use them both, interchangeably and share data between them and the team websites routinely.

It is very easy to pass data from one unit (options > export) to another (Options> Data sharing> get from web data base).

Team web sites are tied to a single team and a single 'host device'. as such the team web sites must are updated (options > export) only from the 'host device' for that web team.
jackiegripple

Post by jackiegripple » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:20 pm

I had an iPad. I purchased iScore for the iPod (not knowing.) I want to downlod the app for iScore for iPad. I have exported my data from my iPad. Can I download iScore for Ipad and have it working just fine?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:16 pm

Yes... if you do an Options->Export from your current version, and install the iPad version on the same device, you can do an Options->Import right on that device and the data will all be transferred to that version of the application automatically.
DamageIncBB

Post by DamageIncBB » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:15 pm

where do I send my info to get my league site redirected to my new device?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:27 pm

Send email to support@iscorecentral.com. Be sure to do an Options->Export from BOTH devices, and include the customer ID (located on bottom left of Options screen) from BOTH devices in the email. Include the name of your Team Website in the email if you have one.
Chrisforkk

Post by Chrisforkk » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:33 am

Hi, I expot all my game/players data to website successfully but I can't see "player stats", "player manager", "Team list " on the website like I saw in my IPod. If I want to load old data back to my new devices will those information still there and be the same? I fnot then what's the procedure to make it correct? Thanks,
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:22 pm

You can use data sharing as described in the link in the first message at the top of this thread to transfer data yourself. Or you can do an Options->Export from both of your devices, then email us at support@iscorecentral.com with the customer ID of both (which can be found on the Options screen), and we can transfer the data for you.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:59 pm

@chrisforkk

Couple things,

1.are you talking about not seeing it on a paid " Team web site" or the free "admin web site"? If you have a paid team web site, notify FTM if you want The new device to control updating the team site on export ( data sharing can not do that). If you are not seeing it on admin site, make sure you are logging into correct site with correct device Id, it is unique to each device.

2. Data sharing allows you to transfer players, teams, and games from one device to the other. But it does not transfer league assignments. If you use leagues, you need to assign them on the new device before transfer, and then at time of transfer the shared information inherits the active league settings at that moment.