Upgrading to a new Device (new iPhone, new iPad, etc)

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
wazzey

Re: Upgrading to a new Device (new iPhone, new iPad, etc)

Post by wazzey » Wed May 18, 2011 7:15 pm

danmcc wrote:Have you tried data sharing in lieu of Bluetooth?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1307" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
yea, data sharing is working..... I'll just do that when I need to... Thanks
jcbeckman

Post by jcbeckman » Thu May 19, 2011 2:52 pm

It's because Apple only allows an app to communicate with another copy of the same app - and the iPad/iPhone versions are not the same app.
sschafe48170

Post by sschafe48170 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:32 am

I exported my data from my ipad and want to download it to my ipod touch for a backup prior to buying the ipad version. Whyile I have been told that the exprt is successful, I can't seem to get the ipod touch to log in to retrieve the information.

I mainly want to confirm all ofthe information is on the server before I buy the new version.

I:
Go to options
Data sharing
Get via web database
and then try to enter Id and password.

I tried re-exporting then trying again, but no luck.
danmcc

Post by danmcc » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:03 pm

Welcome to the board.

When you are putting in the ID and Password you are putting the information for the iPad right?
sschafe48170

Post by sschafe48170 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:22 pm

That is correct. I really just want to make sure I have my 19 games backed up before I buy the new app.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:24 pm

sschafe48170

Post by sschafe48170 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:31 pm

I found a tip on another forum and exported from my touch, then gathered info from ipad and worked like a charm.

Just so I understand, I have to do the mapping for each game/team, correct?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:33 pm

Yes, that is correct. Once you have done a mapping for a particular team, iScore will "know" that mapping and not make you do it again. But the first time through you will have to do any mappings for each team.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
sschafe48170

Post by sschafe48170 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:53 pm

Thanks, I (the team including coaches) love this app. Player comes up to the plate and we can see what they have done against us in the past. We have been shading our fielders to cover late hitters, which is especially useful when ther is a runner on second. We use the SS to hold them instead of 2nds baseman.

But even better is when the parents come to use and say "I have the best kid on your team and you don't let him (or her) paly (fill in the blank) enough. We can give them the stats and let them know why.... I would have thought with travel ball this would have been over, but it is still there.

I only send each kid his/her stats and the cumulative stats each week. Let's them see where they stand against average without letting each kid compare or feel horrible they are the bottom of the team. Hoiwever, I can also tell a parent you need to go out and hit grounders, flys, etc as they have been making errors. So mayny uses, so little time.

We hate to admit it, but in a close game we have been known to just a little too loudly inform the head coach about a weak opposing player,"just put it in there, he has struck out (hit a weak grounder, etc) the last time at bat.
danmcc

Post by danmcc » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:06 pm

I also have found the in game application of this app to be quite useful. I have been shocked by the accuracy of tendencies for batters. Some batters can mix it up opposite field but many hit in a very defined area.