Upgrading to a new Device (new iPhone, new iPad, etc)

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
napes65

Re: Upgrading to a new Device (new iPhone, new iPad, etc)

Post by napes65 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:29 pm

I have been using my iPod touch for a few years with this and now have an iPhone that I would like to make the "host device". In this thread it says to do an export from both devices and then email customer ID's from both devices. I have no trouble doing that from the iPod touch but from the new iPhone I get the "Unsuccessful. the data could not ber exported" box. There is no data to export yet so I am a little confused as to why this step is necessary and maybe it is why it fails. Can I just email the customer ID's and team website?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:59 pm

You need at least one successful export to make sure your account has been created on our server. We have had reports of some server issues tonight, so you may just need to try again until it works. Things seem fine on the server right now.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:46 pm

another trick/tip on a brand new device. set the admin web site password, Options > Admin Web Site > Password.. to help the device connect with the FTM servers... Export should work, but this sometimes helps..
danmcc

Post by danmcc » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:12 pm

Napes65, sorry if it seems an obvious question but did you set up an admin site for the iphone device? So you would have one admins site for each device.

I'm not sure if it is necessary but you could do a 1 inning test game to have something to export instead of a blank database.
Ipad1977

Post by Ipad1977 » Mon May 09, 2011 2:12 pm

I just bought an iPad..I have a team website can you sync it please so ICANN do my updates from iPad
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon May 09, 2011 2:18 pm

We will need you to email us directly at support@iscoresports.com with the URL of your team website an the customer ID of your new device (found on Options screen in iScore).
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
wazzey

Post by wazzey » Tue May 17, 2011 4:47 am

Can't get my two devices to data share... they sit there looking for bluetooth devices without being able to find them. Maybe I have the wrong versions of the iphone/ipad2 firmware running? Only thing I can think of but I'd think they would see each other.
danmcc

Post by danmcc » Tue May 17, 2011 6:48 am

Have you tried data sharing in lieu of Bluetooth?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1307" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Tue May 17, 2011 8:17 am

months ago i recall there being bluetooth iPad to iPhone problems due to apples implementation of bluetooth so iPhone to iPad data sharing worked best by using web database sharing.

wazzey wrote:Can't get my two devices to data share... they sit there looking for bluetooth devices without being able to find them. Maybe I have the wrong versions of the iphone/ipad2 firmware running? Only thing I can think of but I'd think they would see each other.
danmcc

Post by danmcc » Tue May 17, 2011 8:54 am

Nice catch OhioTex, I vaguely remember that from a few months ago.