League site with multiple teams

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
Jaskegreen

League site with multiple teams

Post by Jaskegreen » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:31 pm

Curious to know if it is possible at this point to have a website for a league with many teams (separate team site pages), ability to upload player info (names, teams, etc.) for download to iPads, player spotlight pages in each team site page, and league updates and news?

In a few weeks, I'm proposing to our board that we use iPads with iScore to score and keep track of player and team stats for next year's spring season. Currently we are using eTeamz and I loath it. What do you say Fasterthanmonkeys, can you help me get this monkey off my back?

Thanks
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: League site with multiple teams

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:57 pm

We are actually running a pilot right now with a full 30 team league. You can see that pilot here:

http://leagues.iscorecentral.com/vibl

This is completely driven by iScore with each team doing their own scoring, and the "home team" being the official score for the league (for determining statistics / league leaders, etc). Each team also has their own team website they can maintain.

We intend to offer this as a product for all iScore customers in the future.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:40 am

WOW great demonstration of the league capability. .. !!
caged1

Post by caged1 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:23 pm

I would like our Pony league to do the same thing next year, us iPads/iTouchs for scorekeeping like I did this year for one division. This new league design your testing would be perfect for us. I'm very excited! :D
Jaskegreen

Post by Jaskegreen » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:15 pm

When you're ready to beta with other leagues, count me in.

Some questions/suggestions:
In the standings, can winning percentage be calculated in several ways? We use (W+T/2)/(W+L+T) where others might use another formula.

In standings, are columns sortable for tie-breaking? We use winning percentage, then runs against as the first tie-breaker. Also, could games back be added as a column?

In standings (and other pages), it would be nice if the header and the legend were frozen as you scroll down.

Regarding the site theme, hopefully the window nesting is not typical of all league sites, rather just the theme you are using on your demo.

Under schedule, is the time configurable for standard as well as military?

All in all, very cool. Can't wait to get a site for our league.
Last edited by Jaskegreen on Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:19 pm

This pilot has provided extremely in depth testing with a variety of user levels (some of the teams have been using iScore for over a year, others just started when this league started). We believe when the pilot is done, we will be ready to ship leagues very shortly thereafter.
baystatebaseball

Post by baystatebaseball » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:11 am

Wow! This is fantastic.

Another suggestion for go-live: allow iScore reconciliation of the two teams' score packages. I.e., instead of just accepting the home team export, allow both teams to export, and report discrepancies. Or, alternatively, DO just accept the home team export as the official set of data, but still allow the visiting team to export and report discrepancies.

On a somewhat related note, I assume any later-date edits (and exports) of the data will update the league web site. Do you have any audit features planned to allow data change tracking?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:52 pm

All of these are great suggestions, and we will keep them in mind as we continue building out the league offering. Thank you.
Jaskegreen

Post by Jaskegreen » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:55 pm

Our league has purchased two iPads and will be using iScore in the spring. I'm praying that the league site is ready by then. Any way to confirm and not deny?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:48 pm

The league websites will be available by spring. We have run some great beta tests over the summer with league websites, and they are working well. You can see a sample at http://leagues.iscorecentral.com/vibl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. This was a 30-team high school summer league in Southern California, and they scored all their games with iScore, and it tracked standings, league leaders, etc.