League site with multiple teams

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
OhioTex

Re: League site with multiple teams

Post by OhioTex » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:50 am

For the fastpitch softball types out there too.... iscore will do softball leagues too..

FTM has not promoted it much, but iScore was behind the scenes at the recent ESPN RISE National Softball Championship (from the Premier Girls Fastpitch qualifiers) as seen earlier this month on ESPN.. See the below links for another adaptation of the leagues in process.

http://www.leagues.iscorecentral.com/nsc201016u" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.leagues.iscorecentral.com/nsc2010hs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MauiLonnie

Post by MauiLonnie » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:58 am

Will this be setup so mutiple users can input games into the same league? Our softball league has multiple games going on at one time.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:18 pm

The league websites allow any number of devices to be used to score the games.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
Jaskegreen

Post by Jaskegreen » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:08 pm

Here is another thought that is appropriate for here and the feature request page. It would be awesome to keep a tournament bracket on the league site that is updated via iScore. Maybe this is taking us into a whole new realm of administration and setup, but this has been something that has intrigued me for years. Up till now, I have had to take scores for four divisions during our end of season tournament and update a PDF bracket for each, then upload them to the website. How cool would it be if I could set up a 10 team double elimination tournament online, then have iScore update winners and losers on export moving them on to the next appropriate game in the bracket. I haven't seen this anywhere else, and think it would be another piece of this already amazing puzzle.

Cheers,
Jason
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:28 pm

We definitely plan to incorporate brackets into the league offering. We intend it to be for both Leagues and Tournaments (season ending playoffs are generally run like a tournament at the youth levels). The brackets / tournament offering may not be part of the system day 1, but will be incorporated shortly thereafter.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:30 am

spot on jason and ftm!
Jaskegreen

Post by Jaskegreen » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:57 am

Great news FTM! It's awesome when a great product comes with great service. I feel like I'm getting to have my cake and eat it to.

Cheers,
Jason
Jaskegreen

Post by Jaskegreen » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:56 pm

Ok, another thought; really a rethought. Over a year ago, player registration was requested for the upcoming team sites. I'm curious if you (FTM) have decided to incorporate online player registration and payment options (i.e. PayPal) into the league site. I know one of the biggest issues we faced with eTeamz on this were discounts for multiple players from one family. If going with registration, please consider discounts.

After all of this discussion, I can't think of anything else a league site would need. To be able to have all of this in one spot would put the icing on the cake.

Cheers,
Jason
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:32 pm

We are not currently planning anything around managing registrations for leagues at this point. We may in the future, but we are trying to focus on the "scoring" aspects of sports, and league sites is an extension of scoring (league leaders, standings, etc), but managing the business side of leagues is currently not in our near term plans.
Jaskegreen

Post by Jaskegreen » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:50 pm

FTM,
Any update on getting league sites up and running? We will start online registration soon for spring ball and would love to have a site ready to upload player into to.

Cheers,
Jason