Export and Import between devices?

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
dgwyn

Export and Import between devices?

Post by dgwyn » Sat May 09, 2009 9:44 am

I've read through the posts that talk about future possible enhancements of allowing multiple phones work on scoring data, which would be amazing. But for now, I tried to do something that I thought should work, but it didn't. I entered data for 5 games on my son's iTouch. I exported the data to the server, and installed the software on my wife's iPhone. I was assuming that since the license was the same, that I should be able to import the data to my wife's phone, but it wouldn't let me. Should this be possible? For now I would just like to have the data on two devices, even if that means I have to manually manage which one it the master copy.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Export and Import between devices?

Post by FTMSupport » Sat May 09, 2009 11:00 am

We were very close to getting this capability into the release submitted to the App Store last week, but did not want to hold the release up any further. This will be in the following release.

In the meantime, if you would like us to do a one-time transfer, we can do it for you. If you can go into iScore on both devices, and click Export from the options menu on each. When you get a success message on both, send us an email at support@fasterthanmonkeys.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false with the device ID of each (bottom left of the Options menu), and tell us which one is the "master", and we will copy that data to the other device on the server. We will then email you back, and you will be able to import the data back tot he device.

This would just be a one time transfer to get things in sync, but you should just use one device to score games going forward because the data can not be shared right now.

Thank you.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
rnwjr

Post by rnwjr » Sun May 10, 2009 8:51 pm

Please keep us posted on this issue as there is times when I can not attend a game with my iPhone, but the manager can attend with his iPod Touch! Keep up the great work!
kbum

Post by kbum » Thu May 14, 2009 12:10 pm

I was playing around with my son's iPod touch, found your iScore application and got hooked! I decided to get my own iPod Touch. I would like to export his database to you so I can import it into my device and continue scorekeeping for the team this weekend. I would then just delete it from his device. I can send you an email with our old/new customer id's. Let me know if this is a problem.

Thank you for your help and dedication to this great product!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu May 14, 2009 12:38 pm

It's not a problem. Follow the instructions above. One additional thing is use Export on both devices before emailing us the info, not just on the Master.
acensoprano

Post by acensoprano » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:36 am

when using a data transfer such as above, do you need to purchase the iScore app twice from itunes??
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:43 am

As long as the devices are on the same account, no. Apple allows you to have up to 5 devices on the same account. This goes for ANY program, not just iScore Baseball, and is an Apple policy. If the devices are tied to different accounts, then yes, you would need to purchase the App for each device (again, Apple policy).

Thank you.