Total Stats

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
jrj_66

Total Stats

Post by jrj_66 » Mon May 10, 2010 9:48 am

I have enter 2 games for our team. Does Iscore keep total stats for the team.
danmcc

Re: Total Stats

Post by danmcc » Mon May 10, 2010 9:54 am

Yes, go to team manager, touch team, bottom left team stats. You can organize by league to sort games, weekends and seasons.

Welcome to the board
jrj_66

Post by jrj_66 » Mon May 10, 2010 10:00 am

Thank You
PetroGuy

Post by PetroGuy » Mon May 10, 2010 12:22 pm

I'm missing something while trying to do this. In Team Manager, I touch the team I am interested in and then touch Team Stats. That works and I get stats for all the games. When I try to uncheck leagues for that team to filter the results. I still get stats for all of the games. The filtering works in my Team Website so I know I have the leagues set up the way I want. What am I missing? Thanks.
Check out the iScore documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
CSThunderCoach

Post by CSThunderCoach » Mon May 10, 2010 12:57 pm

Make sure you also uncheck the "All" league in the League Manager as well.
PetroGuy

Post by PetroGuy » Mon May 10, 2010 1:01 pm

So I uncheck the leagues in League Manager and not in Team Manager? I think that might be the problem. Is there an issue with team websites if I leave them unchecked in League Manager?
CSThunderCoach

Post by CSThunderCoach » Mon May 10, 2010 1:14 pm

The leagues in the League Manager control which teams/games will appear in the Game/Team Manager. By turning off leagues in the League manager you can limit/expand the list of teams & games you will see in the Team and Game Managers.

Team A is in League 1 & 3 - set through Team Manager
Team B is in League 1 & 2

In League Manager - League 1 is on, 2 & 3 are off - you will still see Team A & B in the Team Manager
If you turn on League 3 and turn off League 1 - now you will only see Team A in the Team Manager

There are several threads on managing Leagues - FTM or OhioTex?

Edit: This is a good link to check: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1531
PetroGuy

Post by PetroGuy » Mon May 10, 2010 1:42 pm

I've gone through that link before. Thanks for reposting it though. I guess I just have to use the app more to get used to how leagues will impact things. I 'get' leagues in general and have several set up that are helping/will help me with team stats. I just don't 'get' the best way to use leagues in practice (i.e. turning them on for a team vs turning them on for a player vs turning them on for a game). Right now, I have all my leagues activated on my iTouch and then just filter in place on the Team Website. It is just cumbersome so far, but I am getting there. Thanks for all the help.
danmcc

Post by danmcc » Mon May 10, 2010 3:03 pm

Case in point for leagues. I have a 2010 travel ball league that all my sons games are linked. Each weekend I create a league and add those games to that league as well as 2010. For cumulative YTD stats I turn off all leagues except 2010 travel. For just weekend stats I turn off everything except that weekend i.e. 5/1-5/2. Doing it this way I can look at trends from tournament to tournament as well as seeing season to date. Later in the season you can group weekends together to look at 1st 3rd of the season vs. 2nd 3rd, so on and so forth.
Keep in mind that you can create leagues after games as well then go back and assign the games you want to that league. Initially I thought I had to assign a league before the game but that is not the case.

Hope this helps.
PetroGuy

Post by PetroGuy » Mon May 10, 2010 7:42 pm

I guess I'm not explaining myself well. That isn't surprising so I'll give it one more try. I have several leagues already. I'm scoring for a 9U travel team. The team plays 9u and 10u tournaments. I have a league for the spring season and I am creating a league for each tournament. Also, I have a league to group all pool play games together as wells as one for bracket play. I also have leagues for 9AA, 9 Major, 10AA, 10AAA and 10 Major depending on the level of play of the opponent. As the season progresses, the guys will play certain top-level opponents multiple times. I will create leagues for those individual teams (i.e. Team X league, Team Y league, etc...) so I can track stats against an individual team. I currently put the games in the appropriate leagues as I score them (or afterwards if I mess something up). I guess I have these questions:

1) Why would I put individual players in a particular league? The games are in the leagues I want. What difference does having a player in/out of a league make?

2) Same question with regard to teams. The games are already in the leagues I want them in. Does it matter if the other teams are in that league?

3)What are some of the 'best practices' other, more experienced users have for dealing with leagues? On a general basis, do you keep all of the leagues activated or do you just activate those for the game you are currently scoring? Do you keep these filtered so you can see something in particular while scoring? (OK, this is really a group of questions lumped under one bullet point, but I think you get the gist)

Keep in mind, I am not complaining at all. I love the power of this app and I just want to maximize the use of it. I probably won't be slicing and dicing stats on my iTouch at the ballpark. Most of this will take place using the Team Website after the game.

Thanks for reading this far!