Please Help

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
LSCSN.com

Please Help

Post by LSCSN.com » Sun May 03, 2009 1:57 pm

Let me first say that this app is FANTASTIC!!!! I am so glad that someone posted something like this. Any chance you will be doing apps for other sports?

I run an online newspaper and use this app instead of the old pencil and paper method.

I've used this app twice now to score games. And these are high school games.

Here are some issues that I am finding. One is we need an option for a "courtesy" runner that can be used for a pitcher and/or a catcher, but the runner is not mandatory.

Also there seems to be an issue, at least before the latest release, of players being both pitchers and position players. If I had listed someone as a position player in the roster, but they also pitched, when I went to substitute I didn't not see the position players as an option at pitcher. It was only those that I had listed as pitchers.

In the same line of thinking there are a lot of players that play different positions in high school ball. Is this a problem in the current workings?

Now in my second game I was also using a DH and had the DH marked as such. And I only had nine players batting. When they made a switch late in the game one team changed pitchers, but everyone that was in the game stayed in the game. The pitcher moved to a fielding position and the DH came in to pitch.

I made the switch via the substituion screen and everything lined up the way it was supposed to, but when I hit save and got back to the field view screen it had the same player pitching AND playing the new "fielding" position he had went to.

It cleared the pitch count but did not make the pitching change and so the end-of-the-game totals remained all under the starting pitcher's name.

The same scenario happened for the other team who changed pitchers twice, but didn't use the DH as the new pitcher. I made the changes and all the positions line up as they should, but on the save and return to the field view the pitcher in the box remained the same number as the starting pitcher, but the person was also moved to the new fielding position.

What do I need to do?

Then another situation that came up was there were bases loaded with two outs. The runner at first was forced out at second base on a fielder's choice. My question is what do I with the runner at third base. At first I said safe at home thinking that it wouldn't count the run because of the third out being a force, but it did. He didn't hold up at third. He wasn't out either?

Thanks in advance for the help. And thanks again for such a fantastic app!
jdonato

Re: Please Help

Post by jdonato » Sun May 03, 2009 2:27 pm

Hi LSCSN

I don't know if I understand your exact situation with the substitutions, but I will try to explain what I do.

Courtesy runner- If by this you mean temporarily substitute a player, and then let the same player continue pitching later in the game, you can substitute the player and the player can re-enter the game at any time.

Substitutions and roster- When I enter the roster for any team, I do not enter position for the players. This way, when make a substitution, independent of the position, I see every player in the roster, except for players already batting (players that have the "Batting-Yes" option selected)

(When I score MLB games I do have the regular starting lineup already selected as batting, and with the field positions assigned, but the rest of the roster remains unassigned. Of course MLB don't change as other junior leagues usually do.)

Bases loaded two outs- this has actually been discussed before in the forums and the recommendation is to held up the player at third, advanced the player at second, mark as force-out the player from first base.

Hope this helps. If I misundestood anything, please let me me know.

I agree with you, this is a great app and the developers are really listening to our suggestions and recommendations. I believe this is the best app out there right now, and will only get better.
LSCSN.com

Post by LSCSN.com » Sun May 03, 2009 3:54 pm

Thanks JD. I will leave all the other folks blank and see if that helps next time. I think that will probably help with pitching substitutions so long as the new pitcher isn't already playing.

That is where I had my biggest snag. On one team the new pitcher that came in and pitched the last two innings was already playing CF. The starting pitcher moved to Catcher and the catcher moved to 2B and the 2B moved to CF. I got all of that lined up on the substitution page and then when I hit save it had the original pitcher both still pitching and playing catcher. And then it moved everyone back to their original positions, except the catcher and CF. The center field position was not just left blank.

Basically the same scenario happened when the DH came in to pitch.

Hopefully that may explain it a little better.

Thanks again for the help.
jdonato

Post by jdonato » Sun May 03, 2009 5:35 pm

If I understand you correctly, you clicked on a players icon (number) on the field, on the substitution page you selected each player by clicking on each batting order number, made the position changes, click save and still the positions were messed up. That's strange, but I think that it has something to do with more than one player being assigned same positions in the roster. Let us know how it goes on your next game, after clearing up the positions.