12 Batters

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
napes65

12 Batters

Post by napes65 » Sun May 03, 2009 8:46 am

Our division of our Little League has 8 teams with 12 players each. All bat with 3 sitting out on defense. I saw solutions here for 11 batters but was wondering if it will work for 12 and if not will it in the future?
bsweetser

Re: 12 Batters

Post by bsweetser » Sun May 03, 2009 8:52 am

As far as I have read (to this point I've only been scoring MLB), you can have any number of batters in the line up. The only restriction would be the number of players in the field.

I mistakenly had a bunch of pitchers marked as batting one game and they appeared in the batting line up.

ben
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: 12 Batters

Post by FTMSupport » Sun May 03, 2009 9:54 am

Yes, you can have any number of batters. The only restriction is on the number of players playing defense. I have never heard of an official league having more than 10 players on defense. I know some youth (like 6 and under) leagues allow fielding all players on the team, but you wouldn't track defensive plays for that type of league anyway. You could use iScore to mark the outs, and track all the batters, but you are not going to have things like "fly out to pitcher #2 on the left side of the coach that is pitching", or "thrown out at second by the 6th outfielder that is playing kind of behind the 2nd baseman". :)
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs