TIP: How to Best Use "LEAGUES" and League Manager - FAQ

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
70clcl

Re: "League" usage?

Post by 70clcl » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:27 am

I completely understand FTM!

If this sort of functionality could be added to the team site, that would be fine.

If not, if there were some sort of API that were exposed on the team site that could be utilized to achieve the desired results, perhaps I could write up the functionality for my team/coach myself.
PetroGuy

Post by PetroGuy » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:35 am

I totally agree about limiting confusion for most users. I consider myself a more advanced user than many, but there are still things I am learning. Based on issues I see on the forum, leagues are one of the more confusing aspects of the software for new users. I think that is due to a slightly unfortunate choice you guys made with regards to League Manager.

To me all of the 'Manager' functions are pretty consistent in their functionality except League Manager. While the Team, Player and Game Managers allow me to create, view and work with the respective type of data, League Manager only allows me to create leagues, but also acts as a filter to the other managers. This is not very intuitive. I would think the purpose of LM is to allow me to create leagues, but also let me drill down and view teams and players assigned to those leagues. Filtering based on leagues should be done in the respective manager. For instance, in Player Manager, there should be buttons for 'Filter by League' and 'Show All' (or something along those lines). 'Filter by League' would take you to a screen similar to what we see in LM now that lets me check the leagues I want to use to filter (and possibly even a set of buttons to choose between AND & OR functionality). When you tap the back button, you would go back to the list of players that are now filtered by the choices just made. Need to see all of the players again? Just click the 'Show All' button. 'Show All' would basically be the same as checking the 'All' league in LM like we do now except we would not have to jump around through the different manager screens. This button would now be obvious to anyone who looked around their screen (there would still be people who missed it of course).
Check out the iScore documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:19 am

Thank you for the feedback. We will keep it in mind as we continue to improve iScore.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Hoganknows

Post by Hoganknows » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:12 am

So, let me get this straight...if I just use the default setting all my stats for the season will be show in my reports. New user here

If I go to a tourney and set that up in the League setting and I just check that setting and I'll get stats just from that tourney, but if I check the default setting and the tourney setting ...I'll get the stats for the whole season. I'm i on the right track here?
jcbeckman

Post by jcbeckman » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:31 am

Yes, you have it correct. You can also make yet another league if you want, call it 2011 maybe, and put your regular games and the tourney games in there (as well as "default" and "tourney" - games can be in more than one "league"). Then you can just chek the 2011 league and get all the stats for 2011.
Hoganknows

Post by Hoganknows » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:38 am

jcbeckman wrote:Yes, you have it correct. You can also make yet another league if you want, call it 2011 maybe, and put your regular games and the tourney games in there (as well as "default" and "tourney" - games can be in more than one "league"). Then you can just chek the 2011 league and get all the stats for 2011.
Thanks..so really I only really need a 2011 team and then any tourneys if I need to.

Another question... the teams we are playing regular season it has a place(under options in Game Manager) to put those team in a league, do I put the teams we are playing regular season in the 2011 league or just leave it blank and teams we play in tourneys put in tourney league or leave it blank?

Sorry , but i like to get this right the first time ;)
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:44 am

You can assign the teams to the leagues as well, but it is not necessary. Other than "filtering" where iScore only shows the data for the currently selected league, the only other place the leagues are really helpful is if you have a team website. By assigning leagues to the team your Team Website is for, iScore will be able to provide a dropdown for visitors to your team website to select the league they want to view data for. This allows you to still have your own personal leagues that you like to report on, and have a separate (or the same) set of leagues that team website viewers can easily select from.
Hoganknows

Post by Hoganknows » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:43 am

So my leagues could be

2011 Season Games

Tournament 1 Games

Tournament 2 Games

District Games

Non District Games

and if I check them all...I get stats for full season?

and if i check just one, say District Games...I get stats for only district games?

Do I uncheck "All" and "Default" at all times? What does default do if checked?

Getting great help, just need a little more to get this season started ;)
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:12 am

You would need to Uncheck All and Default to get stats for a specific league. All is there to select all games regardless of league. Default is there so that if you are not creating your own leagues, there is at least one Default league other than all for games to go into.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:01 am

one other tip, a game/team/player can be in multiple leagues.

One way to see all your season is to check all the ones you created like you described .. an alternative create a "2011 All league" , then could associate each game into two (or more) leagues. so a game could be "District League" " Memorial day Tourney league " AND 2011 All League. then if you wanted to see "all 2011" stats, you could just choose that..instead of checking 10 leagues ...