TIP: How to Best Use "LEAGUES" and League Manager - FAQ

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: "League" usage?

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:54 am

@David -

1. Create a league for each tournament, and make sure the games for each tournament are assigned to only the right league.

2. Go go League Manager and uncheck all leagues except the one you want to view the stats for

3. Go to team manager and select the team, then select Stats. The stats will be just for the league that is currently active.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
jcbeckman

Post by jcbeckman » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:43 pm

Make sure the games are assigned to the proper leagues as well.
Jmyers

Post by Jmyers » Sun May 01, 2011 7:40 am

Please help. I am a new user. We started our second tournament yesterday. I am trying to create a league for each tournament. When I go to team stats there are no stats for the game we played yesterday. However when I go to players individual cards the stats for all of our games show up. When I go to league manager and only select the new "league" and select our team stats nothing shows up. What am I doing wrong?

I may have messed up. I went into player manager and noticed that each of my players were listed twice so I merged the player information. Could this have caused the problem or am I just missing something?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun May 01, 2011 7:53 am

This would mean one of two things... either the GAMES are not assigned to the league, or the games are not in a "Final" state. Select each game in Game Manager, and check the Leagues item to make sure there are check marks next to the right league. Also make sure there is an "F" next to each game in the Game Manager list. If there is not an "F", go into the scoring screen for that game and do Misc -> Game Over.
Jmyers

Post by Jmyers » Sun May 01, 2011 8:14 am

The game has an "f" and when I go into the game is says game over. I also doubled/tripled checked that the game is assigned to the correct league. Any other thoughts or should I delete the game and re enter information?
Jmyers

Post by Jmyers » Sun May 01, 2011 8:20 am

A little more information. I can get team stats for the other team but not mine. I went into my team and made sure that each league was checked.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Sun May 01, 2011 8:35 am

@jmyers - sounds like you created two versions of your team. and perhaps deleted the first one with the players in it and used it for the game

Enable ALL league. while in trouble shooting mode.

go into the game in question, game Manager, select game, enter pitch by pitch, select the starting event, edit the line up, options, Copy line up to Roster

Re Review your team list in Team manager for a duplicate. (typo).

check all versions of your team for team stats now
Jmyers

Post by Jmyers » Sun May 01, 2011 8:54 am

I followed your instructions above and still no team stats for the new league. I am thinking of deleting the one game and new league and just starting over. Pain in the butt but would that fix it.
Jmyers

Post by Jmyers » Sun May 01, 2011 9:19 am

Thanks for trying to help. Here is a little more information. When I go into the game I can look at stats for each team for that game. But when I go to team manager with that league or all leagues selected, the stats are not there.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun May 01, 2011 11:18 am

That actually sounds like you have the players in your lineup, but not your roster. If you go to Team Manager, select the team, then select Roster, see if the players are there. If not go to Game Manager, select your game, select Pitch by Pitch, tap the "Game Starts" event, then tap Edit next to "Starting Lineup". Click the Options button in the bottom right, then "Copy Lineup -> Roster". This will copy any lineup changes you have made back to the Team Roster.

The preferred approach is to enter a team's Roster into Team Manager, then create new games from that so the lineups are defaulted from the Roster. But if you add / change players during a game, you can always use the "Copy Lineup -> Roster" option from a lineup screen to make sure the lineup gets back to the team roster.