TIP: How to Best Use "LEAGUES" and League Manager - FAQ

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
teamchampion02

Re: "League" usage?

Post by teamchampion02 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:56 am

I use my iScore for my girls' softball team. I use the 'League' feature for our tournaments - with each tournament getting its own 'league'.

My question is regarding players and how to set them to the league. What is the best practice for setting players with leagues? Do you a) not bother with it b) only align the players with the proper team's roster - and then set the team to the proper leagues or c) something else?

Any help is appreciated!
teamchampion02

Post by teamchampion02 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:03 am

While I'm asking - what is the purpose of 'Default' under League Manager?
mprusak

Post by mprusak » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:29 am

Adding Players and Teams to leagues, simply makes managing these lists easier.

So, if you add teams from your 2012 schedule to a 2012 league. When 2012 is only active league, then you would only see these teams in team manager and when selecting teams in game manager.

It filters out the other stiff without having to delete it.

By default, Teams, Players and Games will be assigned to whatever leagues are active when created. So if you make sure your leagues are set to only 2012 when setting up 2012 Teams and Players, they will be assigned to these leagues automatically.

DEFAULT league is there initially to have one other league besides ALL. Once you setup your own leagues, DEFAULT is not necessary and can be deleted if you wish.
Mark
iScore Baseball 4.533 on iOS8-iPad4 and iPhone 6-Plus

iScore Baseball User Manual:
http://iscoreleagues.com/manual/ <- Check it Out!
sandman

Post by sandman » Thu May 17, 2012 8:38 am

i have a new team that i am coaching and i want to get rid of all the previous players and teams that i had this spring. i have cleared all the teams but the players remain on the iscore. how do i get rid of all the players?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu May 17, 2012 9:18 am

None of them are returning players where it would be nice to have their batting history? We generally recommend not deleting any data and just using leagues to hide data you don't want to see. Then as time goes on you build a better history of each player.

If you truly want to delete the players, you can go to Player Manager and start deleting from there. If you want to start completely over, you can uninstall and re-install iScore to start with an empty database.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
bbroeker

Post by bbroeker » Wed May 23, 2012 3:54 pm

I understand how to create the leagues and how to filter via our website, is there any way to filter this way from my iPad? For example, when I click team stats from the team manager or a player card during a game?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed May 23, 2012 4:56 pm

Yes. Select the league(s) you want to view on the device in League Manager, and all the statistics will be filtered to just the games in your selected leagues. Be sure to check the All league in League Manager when you are done viewing the stats you want to view.
Rosborn

Post by Rosborn » Wed May 30, 2012 5:46 pm

Thanks guys, Im dealing with same issue and this will give me plenty to read up on a figure out... the travel leagues (girls softball) have started and we play a different tourney every weekend and I want to keep each of them seperately and also be able to have cumulative stats for each tourney and one cumulative total for all tourney's together, and not have them mixed into their sftball school teams.. when i run the individual palyers stats so I'll read oll these postings and try them out before asking questions.. thanks every one.
watts68130

Post by watts68130 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:56 pm

I am having trouble getting 2 of my 10 existing leagues to be displayed in the 'League' drop down menu on my team's web site. I have done the following:

* Created the leagues in League Manager. All leagues are checked to make them active.
* The data has been exported many times.
* All 10 leagues are present and active on the league tab on the admin web site.
* All 10 leagues are viewable on the settings page on the team web site.
* Only 8 of the 10 leagues are present in the drop down menu.

I am able to view either of these two leagues if I log into the 'Settings' page and make one of those leagues the default league. I then log off and the league is viewable until I choose one of the other 8 leagues from the drop down menu.

Thanks for the help.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:13 pm

That means the leagues have not been assigned to the TEAM. See this link for more info:

http://iscoresports.com/baseball/kb/faq ... howing.php