TIP: How to Best Use "LEAGUES" and League Manager - FAQ

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: "League" usage?

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:19 pm

If you are using an iOS device, you can go to League Manager, select the league, then select the Games tab and check all the games that you want to be a part of that league. We will be adding similar functionality to Android in a future release.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
caseyjames

Post by caseyjames » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:04 am

Hey everyone. I am hoping to get some verification on league usage here.

I am using iScore to score a historical replay of the 1953 season using Strat-O-Matic and have a question on keeping stats.

I plan on using the exact schedule as in 1953 and to post weekly (historical weeks, not present weeks) recaps including who's hot/not, memorable box scores, etc. When I create a game, I can't really change the date to a 1953 date which will affect my ability to sort stats by week/month.

SO, I figured my solution was this:

To create a new league for each historical week of the season. Also to create a new league for each month. And finally just a year long league to tabulate all stats.

Am I right in thinking that this will work? I know I'll have to add/subtract leagues as I progress, but it should give me what I want, right? And as long as every game fall under the year long league, that will keep the year's stats, right? Is this making sense?

In an ideal world, this could all be solved if the date feature could be manipulated that far back. What I have found is that when I start spinning it back, it stops at around 70-something and then randomly goes to years.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:24 am

Yes, your approach to using leagues should work fine.

Another option you could use and still use dates is instad of 1953, just choose 2013 or 2014 or a more recent year as the date, but know that the year for your games is actually 1953. You can then use the date options for stat management.
caseyjames

Post by caseyjames » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:48 am

I know someone from FTM suggested that in my support conversation but now it is JUST making sense to me. Even more amazing is that I just researched that the 1953 calendar year matches up with 2015. WHAT LUCK!
ixamnis

Post by ixamnis » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:02 am

I'm sorry I tried, but I just couldn't look through 12 pages to see if this was already answered. I want to create a league to look at just a few game's combined stats that I've already entered under other leagues. But after looking at them, I want to be able to delete that league. Any problems with doing that? Seems like I should be able to, but I just wanted to make sure I knew what I was getting into. I'm using iscore on an android phone.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:08 am

You can delete a league you no longer want. No problem.
Elks

Post by Elks » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:32 am

Need help in separating last years Fall Ball league from this years 2016 league. I have created a new league and thought I have checked and unchecked all the needed areas, but the stats show all the games from fall ball and the games from this season combined.

There are many areas too look at and I followed other posts here but I still get all the games from this year.

The new / league has no games even though we played 4 games, and the fall ball league has all games played in the fall plus the 4 games to start this season.

Help!!! Thanks
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:12 am

Preface, you only need to post in one forum thread at a time.
I answered on other post first and copied below
I have since gone back and removed your other duplicative post as seems more relevant here

You are going about it correctly .. Using leagues

Sometimes an App close re open helps 'clear/ jog' league filter settings into place after mass changes- try that just in case.

After that it is just detailed time and energy to make sure
1) Only the leagues you want are turned on when you want to view
2) Double double check your game to league assignments are as expected

I promise that is it. just re check your work . And make sure only the league you want on at a time is on and games assigned only to the leagues you expect

P.S > teams also must be assigned to leagues you expect, but my guess is your issues are with games to leagues not being exactly as expected ..

P.S.S> player's also can be assigned to leagues but in general the way most people use Iscore and leagues it is not as critical as games and teams being assigned exactly correct
iScore Baseball/Softball
* FAQ http://iscoresports.com//baseball/support.php
* Updated Manual http://iscoresports.com/baseball/manual.php?gd=1
* Stat Formulas http://data.iscorecentral.com/legend.ph ... internal=1