TIP: How to Best Use "LEAGUES" and League Manager - FAQ

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
OhioTex

Re: "League" usage?

Post by OhioTex » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:27 am

don't delete. that is rarely the solution .

I am not able at this time to replicate your situation, so need to troubleshoot by typing..

1) to confirm, you did export the data after making the Team league change on the handheld (I assume so since the winter league is no longer a drop down option on the team web site. ( I thought that would have pulled the stats from the player's in those games on web page..)

As I am unable to simulate your situation at the moment, I not sure if this is by design or accident, but as it is important to you to get that league "invisible: lets try some things..

On web site
2) did you try clicking on a player (drill down) to see what games make up his/her stats. are winter games there for sure?

3) did it pull the winter games from the game page (I thought it would)? Make note of a winter game you see on the games tab on web page (aka last winter game)

go back to handheld,
4) Lets test the game league assignments, on handheld, enable winter game league (only) .. go to last winter game, check the league assignments on the game, is it only winter game (I am looking for some cross over league that may be triggering the data visibility). If other leagues, try unchecking all but winter league.
Re export and go to team site and see if last winter game is still there. (if that solves it repeat for other winter games)

6) My next guess is player league un assignments, test a player like we did a game, go to player on the winter team in player manager, and un associate them to the winter league (don't worry, as long as the game is still on your hand held and player, we can re associate back if need)
PetroGuy

Post by PetroGuy » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:42 pm

@coachrich - I might not be fully understanding what you are looking for, but did you edit the settings on your team website? You can set the default league there to league other than 'All'.
Check out the iScore documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
coachrich

Post by coachrich » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:38 am

Thanks Petro. I did have it set to (ALL), which I changed. That's better, but still curious why I can't delete the (ALL) option altogether. My problem is our head coach did not/does not want any parents or players to see stats related to our exhibition winter indoor tournament nor our first spring tournament (always give the girls one 'gimme' tournament before the stats count). I have deselected both of those Leagues, so they don't show, but if you select the (ALL) tab in the dropdown menu, it's all still there for all to see. Apparently if I SCORED a game, it's there for good.
How do I delete games altogether, if it comes to that?
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:00 am

@coach rich...did my tip/workaround posted above not solve it for you?..

In a nutshell, on the hand held, try un assigning all the players and teams from the winter league and then re options export.

(I really thought un assigning the team alone would do it, but if not try the players too)
coachrich

Post by coachrich » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:38 am

My problem is with the default (ALL) setting. This is not a League I set up, so can't seem to pull games out of it.
I have unselected the leagues I don't want to show.
I have even unselected the leagues within the actual players I don't want to show.
I have unselected the leagues 'within' the games that I don't want to show (in fact, these games have NO boxes checked, so would think they would dissappear?) (and they DO disappear on my handheld, but not on webpage)

But... the dreaded (ALL) tab is still one of my selections in the stats box on the website, and when clicked, it shows stats for ALL games played.

I appreciate the responses trying to help me. I assume you are familiar with the (ALL) option on the stats webpage? But I also get the feeling that you can't figure out why I am still getting stats populated to this when there seems to be no linkage?

Oh well, it's not the end of the world. I'm sure there are many people who would wish they had problems like mine in trying to figure out how to keep stats for their 14U softball team. ;)
danmcc

Post by danmcc » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:18 pm

Coachrich, when you deselect the All league are you deselecting in both league manager and team manager. If you still have all selected in team manager then the website will pull the ALL league stats.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:21 pm

"All" is a built in league that all teams/games/players belong to. Without it, you could get yourself into a situation where there would be data you could no longer edit.

For the League Selection, you can set the Default League in the Settings page of the Team Website. You then have the further option of letting people select the league to view or not, and you can even make it so only people that are logged in are the only ones that can select it.

This is the first request we have ever had to want the "All" option removed. We will add that enhancement to our list for prioritization, and if more people start requesting it as well, it will move up in priority.

Thank you.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:01 pm

please confirm, you did export the data after making the Team Manager league change on the handheld (I assume so since the winter league is no longer a drop down option on the team web site. ( I thought that would have pulled the stats from the player's in those games on web page..)

then go through the steps i suggested, please one by one and reply. I am sure i can get the winter league information off the web site. the all option will be on the web site, but that is not your real want, you want the winter team stuff invisible on web site. that is doable.
David

Post by David » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:43 am

Hi all,

I have an iPad. I have read and tried everything you guys have suggested regarding separating leagues with no luck. What am I missing? I have one team with two tournaments entered and can not separate the stats. Help...
danmcc

Post by danmcc » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:59 am

Welcome to the board.

When you want to look at one league make sure you turn the other off and the all league off. That will have iScore pull data from the one open league.