Various questions by new guy

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
taylorsretired2

Various questions by new guy

Post by taylorsretired2 » Thu May 31, 2018 12:09 pm

I am new at "iscore" and I have several questions. I have enjoyed using it and do it as just a hobby. I am a season ticket holder for the Tacoma Rainiers and watch all Seattle Mariners games as possible. I keep score to them all.
1. If I purchased the rooster updates for $19.95, does iscore keep up with changes for the season and does it include triple A Pacific Coast. league?
2. Is it possible to eliminate the previous ball locations while keeping score?
3. If I select a "pinch hitter", it does not show such in the line up for the game. Where can I find how to do that and I assume a pinch runner is the same?
4. I have had two games with a "Balk". I have been unable to find how to record this and move the players. Is there a procedure and where do I find that?
5. The Tutorial states that I can move players to different teams through "Player Manager". I am not sure that I have figured out haw to do that properly!
I would appreciate any assistance possible. Especially concerning the roosters since I now enter them all individually.
Telephone call are gladly accepted.
Thanx
Bob Taylor
taylorsretired2@comcast.net
253-847-9053
OhioTex

Re: Various questions by new guy

Post by OhioTex » Thu May 31, 2018 12:26 pm

taylorsretired2 wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 12:09 pm
I am new at "iscore" and I have several questions. I have enjoyed using it and do it as just a hobby. I am a season ticket holder for the Tacoma Rainiers and watch all Seattle Mariners games as possible. I keep score to them all.
1. If I purchased the rooster updates for $19.95, does iscore keep up with changes for the season and does it include triple A Pacific Coast. league?
2. Is it possible to eliminate the previous ball locations while keeping score?
3. If I select a "pinch hitter", it does not show such in the line up for the game. Where can I find how to do that and I assume a pinch runner is the same?
4. I have had two games with a "Balk". I have been unable to find how to record this and move the players. Is there a procedure and where do I find that?
5. The Tutorial states that I can move players to different teams through "Player Manager". I am not sure that I have figured out haw to do that properly!
I would appreciate any assistance possible. Especially concerning the roosters since I now enter them all individually.
Telephone call are gladly accepted.
Thanx
Bob Taylor
taylorsretired2@comcast.net
253-847-9053
1) yes the $19.95 Roster update contains MiLB team rosters.
for MiLB Team, you import team Rosters to iscore via Team Manager -> Discover Team > MiLB >
you also get MiLB Players link to the MiLB.com site for additional stat/player details
note: You do not get daily line ups for MiLB teams like you would for MLB teams .

2) doing the pitch by pitch Strike location/type/speed is optional on plays.

3) For MiLB, for a pure Pinch runner, you probably want to show as double substitution, tap the batter/runner icon, make the runner sub. then make the second sub for who will bat in that slot next time. you do not have to make the sub at the same time, instead you can wait till they come to bat if you do not know, ie Score what you see.

4) BALK is under the MISC button (as are a few other neat extra features)

5) Team Manager Controls the Team Roster, (Team Manager > Roster >)
Players can be on multiple Teams , Players can be assigned to Teams under " Team Manager > Roster > Add player > pick from list in player manager"

When you start a game in game Manager, you pick two teams (home and Away) from Team Manager list and the players on the Active Team Roster form the bases of the Game Line up. You then edit the game line up for who bats where that day , independent of the Team roster when you start to score the game.

Although Players can be assigned to Multiple Teams, A player can not be on both teams in a game (the program does silly things when that happens) If you have a player on two teams , one must be removed from Game line up before first pitch.

#6 - you may find the updated user manual in my signature line helpful.
iScore Baseball/Softball
* FAQ http://iscoresports.com//baseball/support.php
* Updated Manual http://iscoresports.com/baseball/manual.php?gd=1
* Stat Formulas http://data.iscorecentral.com/legend.ph ... internal=1