Question about how to have families follow the game on their phones

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
mket8a77cf

Question about how to have families follow the game on their phones

Post by mket8a77cf » Fri May 25, 2018 6:26 am

I sent the email below to the Customer Support and a guy replied twice without ever answering my questions so I thought I would seek any help from this forum:
****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

I have an account for my son’s Pony League baseball team. I have recorded games all season and never figured out how to give access to the families to follow the game on their own devices. Can you please give me step by step instructions so I can tell the families how they can access the game on their phones? Your FAQ on your website says to do a couple of things;

1. Go to http://scorecast.com and typing in the scorekeepers customer ID. Where is this ID located? Is it the User under the Admin Website section?

2. It also says to Turn i-Scorecast on in the Options screen, then send the information found in the i-Scorecast Info screen to your friends and family. I have turned the i-Scorecast to ON. Where do I find the info screen? Is this the USER and PASSWORD from the Admin Website screen?

3. The final way it says to follow the game is to send out a link to a scorecast is to press the Misc button in the scoring screen and then select Email Game Link. I do not see the MISC button in the scoring screen. Am I only able to do this after I press the PLAY! button?
OhioTex

Re: Question about how to have families follow the game on their phones

Post by OhioTex » Fri May 25, 2018 7:44 am

mket8a77cf wrote: I have an account for my son’s Pony League baseball team. I have recorded games all season and never figured out how to give access to the families to follow the game on their own devices. Can you please give me step by step instructions so I can tell the families how they can access the game on their phones? Your FAQ on your website says to do a couple of things;
  • How to follow depends on what type of device your Friends/Family use - Computer/Laptop or on Mobile device -tablet/phone)
    It also may depend on how many are following, if you have just a few folks wanting to follow individually or if a whole team fan group wants to follow. .
  • All Friends and Family can follow pitch by pitch detail on a computer/laptop for free with a web browser at http://iscorecast.com.
  • To follow on a mobile device (phone or tablet - apple or android) they will need the iScore Central Viewer app (blue icon), available from apple and android/google play app stores. They can download the app for free and will get free live score updates when you are broadcasting. However, if they want live pitch by pitch detail, they will need to purchase a subscription $4.99 for 3 month individual subscription. (There is also a Team Subscription option at 20$/year, if you need more information on team web site subscription - post back)
mket8a77cf wrote:1. Go to http://scorecast.com and typing in the scorekeepers customer ID. Where is this ID located? Is it the User under the Admin Website section?
  • For a Laptop/Computer with Web browser....
    a) the web site address has an " i " in the address.. http://iscorecast.com
    b) every scorekeeper has a unique device ID and password, it is found on your iscore baseball scorekeeper app (green icon) under OPTIONS > ADMIN WEB SITE
    * you can also set the password here to something generic, like GOTEAM.. or Dodgers if you want but you can not change the 10 digit device ID
  • For a mobile viewer, (phone/tablet android or apple[) .../b]
    a) they download the iscore central viewer app (blue icon), then just type in the team name in search field on game day ..
    b) If they purchase the premium subscription, they will not only get pitch by pitch detail but ads removed and ability to save favorite teams. plus an truly unique feature, Audio simulcast

mket8a77cf wrote:2. It also says to Turn i-Scorecast on in the Options screen, then send the information found in the i-Scorecast Info screen to your friends and family. I have turned the i-Scorecast to ON. Where do I find the info screen? Is this the USER and PASSWORD from the Admin Website screen?
  • yes, you must have the iscorecast enabled under OPTIONS and have a valid internet connection when scoring the game to "broadcast".
    • additionally on an apple device, you can turn on/off the scorecast from the Radio tower on the main scoring screen.. The Radio Tower Icon (just beyond Left field) will indicate when broadcasting. you can also enable and synchronize the scorecast from there and email a game link.
  • device ID and password, is most easily found under OPTIONS > ADMIN WEB SITE (on your scorekeeper app)
    (it is also found in smaller print on the bottom left on game info pages in the app, but easiest to read under OPTIONS > ADMIN ).

3. The final way it says to follow the game is to send out a link to a scorecast is to press the Misc button in the scoring screen and then select Email Game Link. I do not see the MISC button in the scoring screen. Am I only able to do this after I press the PLAY! button?

• This is actually what many people do.. simply Email a game link.. you will find multiple places to email the link
    * From the game info screen (GAME MANAGER > GAME > scroll down > EMAIL GAME LINK

* From the main scoring screen, misc Menu, scroll down, EMAIL GAME LINK
    (the MISC button is on the main scoring screen, yes it is after you hit the Play/Score button, there are many other features under the MISC button that you may want to familiarize yourself with . , e.g Balk, illegal pitch, Tie Breaker, Adjust Score, End Inning, End game, Rain delay, all in addition to Email game link)

* on an apple device, one last option to email a game link is by clicking on the radio tower icon, and then have option to email game link

• when on a computer or laptop, the game link takes viewer directly to the game scorecast (ie no need for user to type in the customer ID)
    on a Mobile device, the link will prompt you to download the viewer or app, or if already downloaded and app opened, the link will go straight to game (no need to search)

Please post back with more questions or clarifications if needed
iScore Baseball/Softball
* FAQ http://iscoresports.com//baseball/support.php
* Updated Manual http://iscoresports.com/baseball/manual.php?gd=1
* Stat Formulas http://data.iscorecentral.com/legend.ph ... internal=1