Can I Add In Pitches Using Pitch-by-Pitch Or Some Other Meth

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
rbruning

Can I Add In Pitches Using Pitch-by-Pitch Or Some Other Meth

Post by rbruning » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:26 am

I ran into an issue where I missed 4 pitches during a game - basically an entire at-bat for someone. I then "skipped" the batter as a result. An inning or two later, I found out all the specifics but there doesn't seem to be a way for me to go back and add those pitches in for the batter I skipped (basically to un-skip him). Is that possible?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Can I Add In Pitches Using Pitch-by-Pitch Or Some Other Meth

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:46 am

You can not make "game changing" edits, and changing from a skipped batter to something else would definitely be game changing. The basic rule is that anything that does not wind up with the same result (batter wound up on first, batter was out, etc) would be considered game changing. You can edit HOW the better wound up at first (change a hit to an error or fielders choice for example), or HOW he got out, but can not change an out to a hit or a single to a home run or even a skipped batter to some other result.

The only way to correct that situation would be to now use Undo back to that point in the game, and rescore from that point forward.

In the future, if you miss the action of a batter, you can at least enter something with the same result (i.e. you see him on first, so put in a walk and you can later change it to a hit, or you know he made an out, so put in a strikeout and you can later change to a ground out). This will allow you to go back to the Pitch by Pitch after the game and edit the HOW later.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
BravesFan

Post by BravesFan » Tue May 04, 2010 9:01 am

I noticed that a double cannot be changed to a Ground Rule Double, although that would not be considered 'game changing'.

I tried to change it in the Pitch-by-Pitch option. The option of "More..." is on the edit screen, but there is not a second page. I am using the ESPN update. I did not see the option the moment it happened, but noticed it later.

In the grand scheme of things, it matter little for that play, but on another play it might.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue May 04, 2010 9:22 am

Yes, that one should be allowed. We will get that fixed.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs