League Grouping

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
atf

League Grouping

Post by atf » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:51 pm

If I want to track our kids individual and team performances in two different leagues (a tournament and a league), do I need to set all of the players individually on the team into the two leagues as well?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: League Grouping

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:53 pm

No... for statistics reporting, it is only important to have the Games assigned to the right leagues. It is really easiest to leave the players in all leagues, and just assign the games to the leagues you want to report on.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
OhioTex

Re: League Grouping

Post by OhioTex » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:18 am

echo what FTM said, ..common practice to assign players you care about to all leagues, I however assign players i do not care about to a single dummy league to 'hide them'

other tips for player manager maintenance...

#1 .. do not delete players from player manager (use caution, deleting can unintentionally mess up historic game info, ...learned the hard way) if your player manager gets full of fringe opponent players who you do not really want to keep, instead of deleting them, I now assign them to a dummy league that i keep turned off to hide them from add a player features.

#2 .. inadvertent duplication .....periodically i review my player manager with all leagues on to make sure i have not inadvertently created two players that are actually the same person. (happens when league filters are on when you create the player, new team).. I use the merge feature introduced in V2.6 to combine the duplicates into one player

#3 - remember player card info is filtered by what leagues are turned on at the moment, not what leagues a player is assigned to...