iScore crashes while editing play by play. Android

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
WarrenBof

iScore crashes while editing play by play. Android

Post by WarrenBof » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:24 pm

Trying to change runner interference to hit by ball - old eyes and I saw it wrong. iScore crashes as soon as I enter the change, before I can get back to the list of all prior plays.

Any suggestions?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: iScore crashes while editing play by play. Android

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:37 pm

Just created a new game, entered a single, then entered another single with runner being out because of Runner Interference. Then exited the game, went to pitch by pitch, and edited the play to Hit By Ball, and it worked fine. Did this on a Samsung Galaxy Phone with the latest version of iScore (v4.62.328). What type of device and what version of iScore are you using?
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
WarrenBof

Post by WarrenBof » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:39 pm

Galaxy tablet S2, android 7.0 with 4.62.328. I've been OK making other edits, just the one I described causes the problem. My case went like this: runners on 1st and 2nd. Batter hit to the 4 hole and clips the runner going to 2nd on the foot. I didn't really see the play and couldn't find the hit by ball option so I used interference, planning to make the correction at the end of the half inning. When I tried to make the edit, the program repeatedly bombed out.

I was able to edit the play to enter a note describing what was wrong, but am unable to edit the action.
WarrenBof

Post by WarrenBof » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:50 pm

If it would be helpful, I can crash it again and "leave feedback."
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:24 am

Yes, please do crash it again and leave feedback and include "from WarrenBof" in the feedback so we can find it easily. That will hopefully give us a stack trace that we can find what is going on.

Also please include your Customer ID (found on Options screen) in the stack trace and be sure to do an Options -> Export and let us know which game it is. Then we can actually try the same steps with your data as well.
WarrenBof

Post by WarrenBof » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:16 am

Thanks for looking into it - I've done the feedback and exported the database

Thanks again
WarrenBof

Post by WarrenBof » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:46 pm

While you're at it, I posted a question on 3/29/18 in the FAQ Forum with the topic titled "Cumulative Stats." Problem there was the individual players' stats are not sorting into date order. You responded on 3/31/18 saying you would look into the date sorting.

Now's probably a good time to take care of both - kidding, but if you have a chance that would be great.
WarrenBof

Post by WarrenBof » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:45 pm

Don't know when y'all get a chance to look over my problem, but I am planning to go to at least 3 games this weekend starring this evening. If you'll be looking at my exports, should I continue to export after each game or should I wait to hear from you?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:21 am

You can continue exporting as you normally would. It will not affect our attempts to reproduce your issue.
WarrenBof

Post by WarrenBof » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:17 pm

FYI I set up a test game to see if my problem was with the Nicholls State LSU game or if it is something in iScore. Looks like it's a program problem. Take a look at the Test game (Test League). I entered the play the same way I did in the real game. Note: don't know if this makes any difference but I didn't indicate a defensive player in either the live game or the Test game.

Anyhow, it crashed the same way as I reported earlier.