"Website" feature for league website?

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
_david_aaron

"Website" feature for league website?

Post by _david_aaron » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:27 pm

Hi all,

As I understand it, the "Team Websites" feature allows a team, using the "Team Website API", to automatically import and sync all of their iScore statistics to their own website; in other words, to populate their own website with the data created with iScore. In my case, however, I'm helping to manage the website for a whole league, rather than for one particular team; we would like to be able to post sortable statistics for all players in the league, as well as post box scores for each game. Is there a way to do this for a league website using the Websites feature and the API?

Thanks for your help,
David
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: "Website" feature for league website?

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:16 pm

There is not using the website features and the API... however, we are now part of the SportsEngine group of companies and iScore data will integrate with SportsEngine for league management. You can email them at sales@sportsengine.com and they can help with a solution for your league.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
_david_aaron

Post by _david_aaron » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:54 am

Ok, thank you for this information.
BB Iceman

Post by BB Iceman » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:05 am

I too was hoping to use my website for all three teams (Varsity, JV-A and JV-B) from the same high school. I thought I could make each team its own league. But that doesn’t seem possible. If I were to make each of the three HS teams a team,in the same league, with each team having its own roster in iScore scoring, would that allow me to load the results of the three rosters to the website under a single roster?

Also how or to whom should I direct questions about uploading data from iScore scoring to my website? And is there any written information about setting up and configuring the website? I need help with several issues.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:02 am

@icemen . Glad to help you with your questions on iscore .. (based on this and your prior posts, i assume you are talking about the optional $20 iscore team web site subscriptions NOT siplay Or sports engine web sites) .. the original poster _david_aaron, question was really focused on LEAGUES not multi teams. (ie your high school plays in a conference in your state, that conference could use a "League" version, while your high school, even with Multiple teams, would use TEAM versions)

OVERALL
Iscore scorekeeper can handle multiple teams in multiple leagues across multiple years with ease. We have many high school coaches and administrators who frequent these forums. I have used iscore for daughter and son in leagues across youth, school, rec, travel high school and college ball spring summer fall and winter for over 8 years.

Optional , team web site subscriptions are designed for 1 team, by design. league and tournament web sites are now in the sports engine suite of products with siplay and tourney machine
BB Iceman wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:05 am
I too was hoping to use my website for all three teams (Varsity, JV-A and JV-B) from the same high school. I thought I could make each team its own league. But that doesn’t seem possible. If I were to make each of the three HS teams a team,in the same league, with each team having its own roster in iScore scoring, would that allow me to load the results of the three rosters to the website under a single roster?
THREE TEAMS vs ONE
Most schools and travel clubs with multiple teams create a team per level in iscore, (eg varsity, JV, freshman, or MLB, AAA, AA etc, Or 18u,16u,14u,12u etc)

Your high school has three teams for a reason, if you want to keep that separation - then you would create three teams in iscore and if you wanted web access, you would purchase 3 optional team web site subscriptions. Note, iscore is fully functional scoring app and can email stats and broadcast scorecasts for free by itself without a team web site subscription. but if you want web access to sortable stats, then you have to purchase the add on.

For three teams You would Create 3 teams in iscore and purchase 3 team sites
eg, varsity, JVA and JVB . And would get three seperate urls.
Iscorebaseball.com/varsity-schoolname , Iscorebaseball.com/jva-schoolname , Iscorebaseball.com/jvb-schoolname

The 20$ team web site subscriptions are really for 'simple' 1 team web site presentation and automatic data updates, but if you wanted, you can Take the 'active content pages' for games and stats and embed them in a more custom third party web site and combine all teams under one HS team Page, but data would stay organized by team, team with player and team stats by games, and player stats by team)

If you wanted to forgoe the 3 team structure, you could force a "workaround" and just create 1 high school team (with a very large roster) and use leagues to group games (and then associated stats) by level. but that would take a bit more administration to keep organized and my personal bias is you will be sorry down the road not separated to start.

PLAYER STATS by TEAM and ACROSS TEAMS
In iscore you create stats by payers being on teams and teams playing in games. You score games by team and then the players activities become their stats and roll up to the team they played for and the leagues they played in. eg Varsity, JVa JVb

standard practice would then be to use leagues to group games by level. varsity, JC, freshman. And you can even sub group as precise as you want.. say varsity scrimmages, varsity regular season, jva conference , jvb non conference, varsity post season. as many groupings as you desire.

Players can be on multiple team rosters, (can move up and down).. But stats played on jv games stay with jv team and stats played on varsity stay with varsity team. ( an easy analogy is player who plays in minor league A ball, AAA ball and mlb in a year, stats stay at level, AAA ball separate from A and majors)

In player manager, you use leagues to see stats in total or by selected groups (aka leagues) eg ALL, Varsity or JV or , all combined

TEAM WEB SITES

BB Iceman wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:05 am
Also how or to whom should I direct questions about uploading data from iScore scoring to my website? And is there any written information about setting up and configuring the website? I need help with several issues.
You team web site stats are updated after you score a game by simply taping.. " iscore > option > export" . Very fast and easy

the team web site, allows you to customize the home page (simple page editor, click and use, no real instructions to it). the "pages" are pre defined and can't be changed (or hidden), they are : HOME CALENDAR ROSTER STATS GAMES PHOTOS SPONSORS SETTINGS LOGIN LOG OFF. All are pretty self explanatory, but if you have more specific questions, just post back.

Please shoot back any follow up questions
iScore Baseball/Softball
* FAQ http://iscoresports.com//baseball/support.php
* Updated Manual http://iscoresports.com/baseball/manual.php?gd=1
* Stat Formulas http://data.iscorecentral.com/legend.ph ... internal=1
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:31 am

@BB Iceman - If you want more one-on-one phone/email conversation and help scoring baseball/softball and using iscore apps. you can email me at <EMAIL REMOVED, REPLY BACK AND WE CAN RECONNECT > and we can take this up off line. as a long time user and moderator of this forum, i have helped many teams and organizations get set up, use and get the most they can out of iscore for their needs.

(FYI - the email address was a limited time offer, I remove the email address after a day or so, so the auto bots do not abuse it)
Last edited by OhioTex on Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Email removed
iScore Baseball/Softball
* FAQ http://iscoresports.com//baseball/support.php
* Updated Manual http://iscoresports.com/baseball/manual.php?gd=1
* Stat Formulas http://data.iscorecentral.com/legend.ph ... internal=1