Another scoring question

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
nicett

Another scoring question

Post by nicett » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:55 am

I am not sure how to score the following scenario:

Man on 3rd and first. No outs. Man on first steals and on the throw to second, the man on third scores. I know how to score the man on first ( either caught stealing or stolen base). However, how do you score the man on 3rd. Any ideas?
bsweetser

Re: Another scoring question

Post by bsweetser » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:11 am

I would do this:

Touch the batter at first
If the steal is successful, tap "Second" and "Stolen Base"
If the runner is caught, tap "Out" and "Caught Stealing" - you will then be prompted to touch the players involved making the out.
Then touch the batter at third and tap "Home" - from here, it would depend on how you want to officially call the play... if you consider it a double steal, you could select "Stolen Base", otherwise you could tap "Pickoff Attempt" as the runner advanced on the attempt to catch the other base runner (whether or not it was successful).

I would doubt in any situation that there would be Defensive Indifference on this type of play where a run is scored.

ben
sportsdoc

Re: Another scoring question

Post by sportsdoc » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:53 am

Now if the situation was with 2 outs...

You would have to score the runner from 3rd first (if the run counts) before marking the the runner from first OUT if he were caught stealing. This would be the scenario if the runner from first was caught in a rundown and the runner from 3rd attempted to score. This happened in a game I was involved in yesterday.

Doc