TIP: What is Data Sharing and How to Use - FAQ

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
tomzpc

Re: Data Sharing - FAQ

Post by tomzpc » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:01 pm

FTMSupport wrote:When doing a data transfer, the teams / players / games will always be added to the ALL league, and they will also be added to the currently active league(s) on the device in addition to the ALL league. You can see the currently active leagues by going to League Manager, and any that have the check mark are active. Even if ALL does not have a check mark, it will still be added to that league.
That is how I thought that it should work but it didn't. It added 1 game to the created "active" league and the other three games only showed up if all was checked. Tried it twice but will try it again I guess.

Thanks.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:28 pm

You can always select the games and go to the Leagues option for the game and add check marks next to the missing leagues if they are not already selected for the games.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
tomzpc

Post by tomzpc » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:15 pm

That works! Didn't know that option was even there. Thanks!
dlstrickland

Post by dlstrickland » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:41 am

If you take photos for player's profiles will it sync with sharing?
mprusak

Post by mprusak » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:47 am

dlstrickland wrote:If you take photos for player's profiles will it sync with sharing?
No.
Mark
iScore Baseball 4.533 on iOS8-iPad4 and iPhone 6-Plus

iScore Baseball User Manual:
http://iscoreleagues.com/manual/ <- Check it Out!
bydabeach

Post by bydabeach » Sat May 11, 2013 6:26 pm

I have exported 4 games from my IPad. I can't see season statistics for any players. How do I find season statistics?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sat May 11, 2013 6:46 pm

Go to Team Manager on your device and select the team, then select Stats in the bottom left to see cumulative stats for your team.
dhardy123

Post by dhardy123 » Tue May 14, 2013 7:38 pm

I score a game on my iPhone. I then use Bluetooth to send it to my iPad after the game and use my iPad to edit any data. I then click export on my iPad to upload the data to the server. I now want to update my iPhone with all of the changes I have made, so I do an import on the iPhone, type YES but it doesn't retrieve my data from the server. It always is empty data with no teams or games. Shouldn't the import just overwrite whatever i have with data from the server?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue May 14, 2013 7:54 pm

To update your iPhone, you would have to do a data share in the opposite direction. This would require deleting the game from the iPhone first so that it will be shown when doing data sharing from the iPad (data share only shows teams / games that don't already exist on the device).

Using Options -> Import just retrieves the last data you exported to the server using Options -> Export.
bluebirdmom

Post by bluebirdmom » Fri May 24, 2013 6:44 pm

I am trying to Data Share two games between two iPads. When I select get from Web Database and then select my game, the opposing team players do not map properly. My team maps just fine from ipad #1 to ipad #2. For the opposing team however, only 1 player lines up correctly. On each ipad, the opposing team has the same name, and the players have the same name and number. I do not get an option to change the mapping selection. Am I doing something wrong in the mapping? Is there a way to manually select where each player maps? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.