TIP: What is Data Sharing and How to Use - FAQ

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
City

Re: Data Sharing - FAQ

Post by City » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:51 am

New issue that I haven't heard before. I am scoring an upcoming tournament with eight teams. One other of those teams also has an Ipad and has scored his team's games all last year, just like I have. Here's the main issue. Before I knew he was using Iscore, I created his roster on my device from an old list. He then updated me with his actual roster for this tournament. So I being the genius I am, I overrode some of his names I had previously created with the new names and then had him data share from my device back to his. Now it's mapping players that he had (player X is mapped player Y now) because I changed them and he data shared from my device to his.

The obvious solution for me is to delete his team on my device and specifically import his team from his device, being selective as to which players to import for this tourney. But have I messed up his data? Can he fix it?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:20 am

You can not mess up his data. If he got any games from you that were mapped to wrong players he can just delete those games. But there is no way for you to change the data of the games he has scored.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
City

Post by City » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:32 am

That is helpful. He hasn't scored any games with me yet, all he has imported is teams and players.

But what does he do with this data that he got from me? How does he remove it from his team? If he goes and scores a game in this tourney, player X is mapped to player Y and how does he fix that? Can he import and get rid of it all without losing his old data? I'm not sure if I'm asking the right questions....
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:16 am

Once a player is mapped between two devices, then any data shares between those two devices will remember that mapping. Otherwise you could potentially get into weird situations where the same player is mapped to multiple different players on another persons device and the process would not work.
City

Post by City » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:02 pm

the ultimate question is, on his device, separate from mine, will his still keep his player stats intact? Or will his having mapped data from my device make his device give stats to the wrong player? Does mapping a player incorrectly affect the device where that player already existed previously and had accumulated stats over the course of a year or two?

If he exports and then imports, does that get rid of all the data he got from me, and he can start over and re-import all the teams I created except his own this time? On his my.iscorecentral.com the players all are there, not just the ones that I created on my device, so I'm hoping his device was unaffected by me scrambling his data on my device.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:11 am

It will not effect any data on his actual device. If he imported a game from you with the wrong player mapped, then that game will be wrong. But his existing data for games he has scored and any new games he scores will not be effected.
CoachBrockhoff

Post by CoachBrockhoff » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:59 am

I imported a game from another device. It does not show up on that teams games played.
City

Post by City » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:04 pm

so, I've created five Iscore users for five different teams in my league. I'm using my device as the central device for rosters and importing the finished game data to go up on the IScorecast ribbon. I had a game that does not import, it says "you cannot import data where one of the teams has been deleted!" Now, that user is using the rosters I gave him...he imported them from me. the team exists in his device and in mine...the game is on his device and is scored. What should I do?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:44 pm

He should undelete the team that was deleted from his device, then you will be able to import it. Here is a link that tells how to undelete:

http://iscoresports.com/baseball/kb/faq ... delete.php
City

Post by City » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:56 am

no, sorry, the team is not deleted on his device. It shows up on his device and is not on that maintenance page under deleted teams. Do you need the admin id and password?