TIP: What is Data Sharing and How to Use - FAQ

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
frachel

Re: Data Sharing - FAQ

Post by frachel » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:36 am

FTMSupport wrote:Before transferring back to your Kindle, you will have to delete the game from the Kindle. If a game already exists, it will not be available for data sharing.

It is actually very straightforward... an Admin Website is associated with a scoring device. There is a 1 to 1 relationship. Every device has an Admin Website associated with it --- just think of it as an extension of the device.
Next question - what about a Team website? At the moment I have 2 devices, 2 admin websites. In the next few weeks I'm getting an iPad and will pretty much be scoring everything with that as my main device. Obviously I'll have 3 admin websites now. I would like to set up the "Team Website" - is that associated with a particular customerid since the link to create is from the admin site? Eventually the iPad will be my "master" and prob used for everything, but lets say right now I create the team website from the link on the admin page of the Kindle. Will I have to export from iPad, import to Kindle, export from Kindle (to update it's admin site) each time to keep the Team website up-to-date?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:20 am

The Team Website can only pull data from a single device, but you can change which device that is at any time. So once you settle on a device, you would set your team website to pull data from just that device.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
ksnow

Post by ksnow » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:49 pm

I'm trying to download rosters from the website to my android phone (Samsung Galaxy SIII). I use the method described (Options...Data Sharing...Get from the Web), type in my username and password, and apparently nothing happens. I see the next screen (Select Data:Games/Teams), but there are no active options there. I've attempted this communication about a dozen times. On one occasion, I got a "downloading data" notification, and then the app just stopped. Please help. I'd like to be able to use the app on both of my devices (as advertised), but I'm not too crazy about typing all of the roster data into both of them.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:00 pm

If there are no teams or games to download it mean they already exist on your device. If you do not see them in game Manager and Team Manager then it likely means you have the League turned off. Go to Leagur Manager an put a check next to the All league then go back to Game Manager and Team Manager and you should see your data.
ksnow

Post by ksnow » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:33 pm

Wow! Thanks for the very quick reply...much appreciated.
I realized, after, my zillionth attempt, that I was logging on to the wrong website account (the one I created from my phone) to download data that I had loaded on the account I created with my tablet. Once I corrected that, things worked fine.

While I have a helpful ear, though, I noticed that when I downloaded the team rosters, I had some duplicates on my phone (which I deleted), but I've seen lots of references to "mapping" players and teams. Is there someplace on the iScore website (or here) that describes the process for mapping?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:59 pm

Mapping is done as part of Data Sharing which is documented here:

http://iscoresports.com/baseball/kb/faq ... _share.php

This is usually used for sharing data between two different people.

If you accidentally enter the same player / team twice, you will likely want to use the "Merge" functionality available on the Player Manager screen to combine the duplicates back into one.
mwhittington

Post by mwhittington » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:16 am

Would the same process apply for multiple users? I am the stat guy for our team and I use an Ipad. I know how to transfer to/from my Iphone. If I am unable to attend games we would like to have 1-2 additional people keep the stats then get them back to me. Would I need to sync to their phone first so that they have team information or what would be the best way to do this? They will have Iphones.

Thanks

Mike
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:57 am

Yes, it would be best if they used data share to pull the team(s) from your device, then after they score a game, you could data share from their device to get the games back to yours.
tomzpc

Post by tomzpc » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:43 pm

Hi...I downloaded the iscore app to one of our coaches iPads today and then Used data sharing and pulled in the games from the web database associated with my iPad which I used to score our games a week ago at a tournament.

Before importing the games I created a league name on their device identical to the one on my own, which was the name and date of the tournament and made that the current league. But after importing the games(4 in total) only one of the 4 shows up on the game manager screen and the other 3 are only showing up with the leagues "all" checked. I deleted the games and tried again and had the same result. I was under the impression that games imported from the web database of another device which go under the current league on the new importing device. Is this mistaken and if not what might I've doing wrong?

Thanks! Great app!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:25 pm

When doing a data transfer, the teams / players / games will always be added to the ALL league, and they will also be added to the currently active league(s) on the device in addition to the ALL league. You can see the currently active leagues by going to League Manager, and any that have the check mark are active. Even if ALL does not have a check mark, it will still be added to that league.