TIP: What is Data Sharing and How to Use - FAQ

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
jcbeckman

Re: Data Sharing - FAQ

Post by jcbeckman » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:10 pm

You have to remember that data sharing may occur between devices owned by different people and with very different setups. I just played in a mini-APBA tourney where I and another iPad user shared data via website and Bluetooth, but our databases are nowhere near the same.
Rich

Post by Rich » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:53 am

I just started using iScore and want to sync it to my wife's iPhone so she can score for a game I will miss. I have exported my data from my iPhone. When I try to import it, I get a "wrong password/login" message. When I log on via the web on my PC, there the same login/Password works.

Any ideas?
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:02 am

Rich

welcome. iScore can handle your situation well. We will help you through it.. but looks like You just misunderstood the use of EXPORT IMPORT and DATA SHAREING. Let me try to and re explain..

Also Please re read the very first post in this thread by FTM explaining data shareing.. it should cover most your questions.. that saim let me highlight some things i think that will help you specifically..

IMPORT
- import is not the way to transfer files between two devices. Import only workds on one device. It over writes your entire device database with the last version from that device exported to FTM. Think of 'import' as more of an emergency 'restore' feature ...useful if you loose your device or data base gets corrupted or if FTM support modifies it for you on a service call.. Again, Import is not used in the data shareing from one device to another.

OPTIONS > DATA SHAREING > Get From Web Database
This is what you use to retireve a game scored on another device. (yes you need to 'export' from your source device first to put the data on the server for transfer, but to retrieve data on another device, you need to use OPTIONS > DATA SHAREING (not import)) After export from source, on second device choose Options > data shareing > get from web database ... enter the source device customer id and password, log in and follow the prompts. you will then 'see' the available games from the source device , and be prompted on mapping the teams and players so they can merge into the second device.

Works like a charm !

try that and post back if you need more help.

again, please re read the very first post in this thread by FTM for better more complete descriptions...
Rich

Post by Rich » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:01 pm

Thanks for the help and fast answer. I appreciate that.

Since I am new to iScore, I did not frame up question as well as I could have. I am using the Export to send the data to the iScore servier.

I am using the Options, Data Sharing, Get Data from website to try and download to the other iPhone.

While I can log on with my login/password from my PC, that same combination yields a login/password error. I had my wife try to type it in to make sure it was not just me. we are getting the same error.

any ideas?
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:03 pm

no worries.. will work through it.. some questions..

you have two units. correct.?
the user (unt) id and password can be found under OPTIONS > ADMIN WEBSITE for each of your units

Have you EXPORTED both to the server successfully?

Have you logged onto each admin web site for each unit ?
unclear if you are you saying you have logged into both units admin web sites, successfully or just one
This is not how you share data I Know, , but you are correct it helps verify you have the right user id and passwords

Please Check and report back ..
Rich

Post by Rich » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:41 pm

you have two units. correct.?

the user (unt) id and password can be found under OPTIONS > ADMIN WEBSITE for each of your units [I have set up ID's and Passwords for each unit]

Have you EXPORTED both to the server successfully?

Have you logged onto each admin web site for each unit ? [I have logged into the both admin sites from my laptop but cannot log onto the admin server from either unit. I keep getting Invalid or Password message]

Thanks for helping me with this. I have had my wife double check my typing and she is getting the same error.

unclear if you are you saying you have logged into both units admin web sites, successfully or just one
This is not how you share data I Know, , but you are correct it helps verify you have the right user id and passwords
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:28 pm

Since you have exported, it shows you do have connectivity. Since you have logged in to the Admin Websites, it means the data is there and correct.

When you say you "cannot log onto the admin server from either unit", is that while trying to do data sharing? or are you logging in to http://my.iscorecentral.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;? We would assume you are trying to log in to do data sharing as logging intot the admin website from the device will not get you the data you are looking for.

A couple things to check... be sure you are entering things in the right "case" as the customer ID and password are case sensitive. Sometimes the device is tricky about upper/lower case letters. A quick check is to make sure the customer ID you enter is 10 characters (they are always 10 characters).

Another thing to try would be to change your admin password on the device you are trying to get data from, and try using that one to log in from the secondary device.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
milaman

Post by milaman » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:54 pm

I sent an email of the team stats and only received half the page and why does it send a xls and cvs instead of a pdf?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:26 pm

When you say you received "half the page", are you viewing the email on an iPhone or other portable device? Very often the device will only show half the email by default, and there is a button that says "download remaining content" to view the rest of the email message. Other than that, we have not heard of anyone receiving half a page.

With team stats, we send the data as HTML, Excel format, and CVS format as they are the most useful formats for re-using the data for your own purposes. A PDF can not be edited the way these other formats can.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:56 am

Rich wrote: ... [I have logged into the both admin sites from my laptop but cannot log onto the admin server from either unit. I keep getting Invalid or Password message]

Thanks Rich.. for the replies to each.. will figure this out. hang in there. ...

THe FTM point is good, to make sure using correct lower case / upper case. that is a very good point by FTM. also be sure you hvae zeros and ohs correct. and 1s and Ls.. always a trick .

also, want to be sure you are doing OPTIONS > DATA SHAREING > GET FROM WEB DATABASE
(uses your internet connection) not OPTIONS > DATA SHAREING > GET via BLUETOOTH..(uses your bluetooth connection)

I am assuming GET FROM WEB .. but thought would doubel check

Is at this point OPTIONS > DATA SHAREING > GET FROM WEB DATABASE, you enter customer ID and Password (corect upper lower case) and Do you then get the red message... "Invalid Customer ID or Password "

If so, the next thing i would suggest is reseting the Password on both your units, (I am not sure what restrictions are on the password, i use 6 alpha characters - keep it simple).

OPTIONS > ADMIN WEBSITE > CHANGE PASSWORD

next...