TIP: What is Data Sharing and How to Use - FAQ

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
jcbeckman

Re: Data Sharing - FAQ

Post by jcbeckman » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:24 pm

Be forewarned that if you use data sharing from the web site, to make all your leagues ahead of time on the iPad - you can bring over teams, games, and players, but not leagues. Any imported things will be assigned to whatever leagues are active on the new device, so plan accordingly. This is why you might want the folks at iScore to do it for you (unless you only have a few games/players/leagues).
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:10 pm

@chaffy

sorry to chime in, but if i understood you correctly,

You said you were using the iphone app on the iPad (in 2x mode) and have now downloaded the iPad app on the same iPad

if so, there is a very easy way for you to completely copy your data all by your self. ( leagues and team web site authorship -- , everything) this is because iscore uses the hardware itself to set the device id. and since you are talking the same hardware, you have the same device id in both aps, on the ipad.

so all you have to do in this unique situation is..

launch iphone version, iscore> options > export exit app

launch then ipad version, iscore > options > import. .
jcbeckman

Post by jcbeckman » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:27 pm

D'oh! Right, since it's all the same device, you can take the easy route that OhioTex listed.
JRG

Post by JRG » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:35 pm

Can't figure what I'm doing wrong! Trying to pull data from my iPad to iPhone.

Export from iPad -- check

On iphone I go to Data Sharing->Get from Web Database and provide iPad customer ID and PW. I get a list of games and teams that are from my iPad. I select a game and it takes me to the Map Data page. Everything maps to "new" which I expect as I have no data on my iPhone. I click verify and I get a confirmation summary page. Then i click import. I get a message box that says, "Successful Data has been successfully imported.". Click OK.

So far so good, right?

HOWEVER, when I into Team/Game/Player Manager, none of the data is there.

What am I doing wrong?
danmcc

Post by danmcc » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:26 pm

On your Iphone is the league "all" checked?
JRG

Post by JRG » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:01 pm

Got it working by deleting and reinstalling the app on my iPhone. See: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2931&p=13434#p13434" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:21 am

Reminder for other readers..

always export your data before deleting iscore app.
options> export

after you re download iscore from app store ( free by apple if from original app store purchase account)

then you can import back in all your data. options> import.

Also. With iscore, it is definitely best to keep up to date with new releases, using the most current version of iscore on all devices.
karibro

Post by karibro » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:17 am

I somehow managed to wipe out all the data for 4 games. I think I hit import, but I'm not sure. I do have the stats & scorecard from our coach as I had emailed all the data to him prior to eliminating it on my iPad. Is there an easy way to take that data and upload it to my iPad or do I have to "recreate" the games by entering all the info using the scorebook?

Thanks!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:22 am

The first thing to always check is leagues. Go to League Manager and be sure you have a checkmark next to the All league and then see if your games show up. If this is not the issue, and you really did do something like Import over your existing games, you can email us directly at support@iscoresports.com and we can look at your data. Before sending the email, do an Options->Export from within iScore, and include your Customer ID (found on Options screen) in the email as well as a brief description of what happened.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
kaknoll

Post by kaknoll » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:03 pm

I am trying to Export from my iTouch that is running version 1.65.08 to my Android that is running v3.15.157. I can't figure out how to reset my password on the iTouch so that I can login from my Android to retrieve the data. The Android has a button to reset the password but the iTouch doesn't. Is there any way I can reset the password? I can clearly see my Customer ID but I have no idea what the password is.