TIP: What is Data Sharing and How to Use - FAQ

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
danmcc

Re: Data Sharing - FAQ

Post by danmcc » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:46 am

Just a thought but are you still logged in via your laptop when you are trying to log in via a device? Will the server allow being logged in from 2 locations at the same time?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:28 am

The server allows you to be logged in from more than one location - that should not be a problem.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
annettedb

Post by annettedb » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:37 am

I have attempted to send/get via bluetooth with my iphone and ipad, and my iphone does not "see" my ipad. What am I doing wrong?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:44 am

The iPhone and iPad applications are different applications, and therefore can not share a Bluetooth connection (limitation of the underlying SDK). We allow Web Based data sharing between iPad and iPhone/iPod.

If you look at the first post in this thread under this question:
Can I share the data between my iPhone or iPod Touch and the iPad? (or alternatively... why can't I use Bluetooth to transfer data between an iPhone and the iPad)
You will see the explanation.
Rosto

Post by Rosto » Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:57 pm

Is there any way to move all of the data from one iTouch to a new iTouch that has a new iScore loaded on it. Both devices have different customer id's. I have done the download frm the website through data sharing but I have noticed that none of my leagues are on the new iTouch. I am now worried about what else it may not have transferred over to my newly upgraded iTouch.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:06 pm

Leagues are the only thing that does not transfer through data sharing, and the reason for that is many times you are transferring things to someone else's device, and they may not want your leagues.

If you want a full exact copy moved to your new device from your old device, we can do it for you if you do an Options->Export from both devices, and email us at support@iscorecentral.com with the customer ID of each device, and which we should transfer from and to.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:42 am

Also... If you had a Team website subscription on an old/ former device, only ftm can 'transfer' it To your new device (ie neither data sharing nor export/import do that).

Just send ftm an email to get those transfered.
chaffy

Post by chaffy » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:57 pm

I have the iphone version which I was using on my iPad to score games. However, I have recently decided that I preferred the functionality and view of the iPad version. I purchased the iPad version. How can I move the games and stats from within the iPad from the iphone version to the ipad version or do I need to manually enter the information?
jcbeckman

Post by jcbeckman » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:07 pm

You can either use website sharing or email support with both your customer IDs and they will clone your iPhone database over to your iPad database.
danmcc

Post by danmcc » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:11 pm

You can use data sharing from the options menu. Get from Web database. First make sure you have set up a free admin website for both devices from your options menu, export from both devices, then use the Get from Web Database with your ipad, input the user name and password from your iphone, after the device syncs (?) you will get an option to verify at the top, hit verify and you should be good to go.