TIP: What is Data Sharing and How to Use - FAQ

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Data Sharing - FAQ

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:09 am

You are correct that adding a new game on iPad #2 and then data sharing back to iPad #1 to get it up to the team website will work just fine.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
Lieu341

Post by Lieu341 » Thu May 10, 2012 6:24 am

Has there been an update that would permit the iPad and iPhone to sync via bluetooth?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu May 10, 2012 7:28 am

Yes. If you have the most recent version of both the iPhone and iPad versions, they can Data Share with each other via Bluetooth.
softball_ace

Post by softball_ace » Fri May 11, 2012 5:29 am

Thank you in advance... Last night i was trying to data share from my device to my coaches and from hers to mine. Not sure what happened but the info was deleted from her device. how does she get all the info back?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Fri May 11, 2012 9:54 am

Data Sharing never deletes data. The first thing to check is league settings. Go to League Manager and be sure the All league has a checkmark next to it.
frachel

Post by frachel » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:07 am

So just checking I understand things correctly (I start scoring tonight).. I initially installed the app on my Kindle fire. I used that to create the admin web site, set my players, leagues and game up on that device. However, there will be no internet connection tonight, so I am going to score it on my phone (android) so i can do the live stream. I exported the data from the the Fire, then on the phone did a "Get from web" and put in the username/password of the admin account created by the fire. All good there.

So after tonight, when I'm done, I just do it in reverse (export from phone, import on the Fire from the admin account of the phone's customer id)?

That's fine if I have the process down.. anything I'm missing?

It's a bit convoluted to me though, I now have 2 "admin" web sites, each really working independently and it's up to me to merge the data all around? It would be much nicer to be able to link devices by a customer ID.. so I could use these 2 devices, and export their individal data up to a single place.. then if I go to a 3rd device it just pulls "the data", and I don't have to consider one of the customer id's (in this case the kindle fire's since i started there) the "master", nor create a 3rd admin web site.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:46 am

Before transferring back to your Kindle, you will have to delete the game from the Kindle. If a game already exists, it will not be available for data sharing.

It is actually very straightforward... an Admin Website is associated with a scoring device. There is a 1 to 1 relationship. Every device has an Admin Website associated with it --- just think of it as an extension of the device.
frachel

Post by frachel » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:35 pm

FTMSupport wrote:Before transferring back to your Kindle, you will have to delete the game from the Kindle. If a game already exists, it will not be available for data sharing.

It is actually very straightforward... an Admin Website is associated with a scoring device. There is a 1 to 1 relationship. Every device has an Admin Website associated with it --- just think of it as an extension of the device.
Thanks, I'll be sure to give that a try tonight.

I get the relationship, I just would prefer an admin website be associate with a "scorer" (or a larger entity.. town, league, etc) regardless of the # of devices used to do the scoring.
teamchampion02

Post by teamchampion02 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:45 am

Last night, I did a bluetooth data transfer from my iPad to my iPhone. The games and players transferred - but the associated Leagues did not. What did I miss?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:28 pm

Leagues do not transfer with data sharing. The players / games will wind up in whatever leagues you currently have selected on the device being transferred to.