How do I score an Assist on an Error

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
redskins

How do I score an Assist on an Error

Post by redskins » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:24 am

An assist is awarded if a putout would have occurred, had not another fielder committed an error. An example of such a situation would be when the shortstop fields the ball cleanly, but the first baseman drops his throw. In this case, the first baseman would get an error but the shortstop would still get an assist. "6-E3"
allrounder

Re: How do I score an Assist on an Error

Post by allrounder » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:30 am

I don't think you can at this stage.

Just make a note on the play as a reminder
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:15 am

this shortcoming has been mentioned elsewhere in the forum, I am 99% sure it is on FTM list of future refinements. (it may actually be fixed in the release pending at Apple or in the one on deck, i can not recall) . But for now allrounder is right...

(by the way all rounder, very nice to hear from you again mate, lots of props in forum for your user manual -all well deserved, ...get ready the next update could be a doosy with data sharing)
redskins

Post by redskins » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:29 am

Thanks for the help. Does anyone know when Apple is going to release the next update? BEST APP EVER!!!!!
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:51 am

the shortest answer is .. at the mercy of apple... no one knows.. welcome to our user nightmare..

as FTM has reported elsewhere, apple has been pretty reasonable of late with approvals in days like 3-7. but at times apple gets backed up or what ever (hate baseball?) and it can take what seems like forever, last year we had a version (1.7 or 2.0 if I recall) that took more than a month -- it was a painful. become the longest thread on this whole board, - waiting on next release. (was very frustrating). of late FTM has had great response from apple, but I was worried the IPAD release would slow things down at apple, hopefully not..
brentwalker

Post by brentwalker » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:16 pm

2.6 is available now!!!

Yes, welcome back Allrounder :)
FDT92

Post by FDT92 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:07 am

So is "Assist on an Error" in 2.6 ?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:00 am

No - assist on an error is still not in the system. We will include it in the "What's New" notes for a release when it is added. Thank you.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs