Help to Recover Deleted Team (resolved)

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
shawnlee_43

Re: Help to Recover Deleted Team

Post by shawnlee_43 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:06 pm

FTMSupport wrote:As long as you do an Export, go to the Admin Website, undelete, then do the Import in that order, all will be fine. It will just replace the data on your device with that from the server. (The Export sends your current data to the server, and the import pulls back in the data from the server to your device.

Yes, after doing this you should see stats appear on your website. If not, let us know after you have done all these steps and we can re-link your "dallasspirits18" website to the new team ID.
We gave this a try and it didn't work. The only thing still intact on the league website via iscorebaseball.com when you select that team from the Accounts option is the games. The games are all intact and look good. When we select anything else, nothing. No roster, no stats, nothing. Still hoping you can help!!

Thanks for everything thus far. You guys are great!
shawnlee_43

Post by shawnlee_43 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:08 pm

I know for a fact I recovered the deleted team, but I did mess around with linking "Dallas Spirits." Is it possible I linked the wrong one? I was expecting to see everything line up on the website, so that's why I messed with it momentarily. The import didn't seem to change anything on the device, and the re-export changed nothing on the website.

If you need to verify the team roster to link to, it's this one:

http://www.spiritsbaseball.net/roster/open-18/
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:22 pm

We updated your site to use the Dallas Spirits (Trinity) which is the only one of the three Dallas Spirits teams on your device that has any games associated with it. Take a look and see if this is what you wanted.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
shawnlee_43

Post by shawnlee_43 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:50 am

Unfortunately it's still messed up. Today I went to look at our Dallas Spirits (Trinity) team, which is one of our two current fall teams was linked to the site. So I chose to select a different team. If I choose the Change Team link under the Accounts page, the drop-down shows me a Dallas Spirits team just under the team called Dallas Nationals. If you select and link this team up, and then go to the admin website, there are no games, no stats, but there IS the correct roster of players displayed.

If you then go back and Change Team and select the second Dallas Spirits team from the drop-down (following the Dallas Nationals team), you get no roster, no stats, but all of the summer games ARE listed there. Not sure where we're going wrong at this point.

Fortunately I've copied each game play-by-play and score card, so if we need to deleted and start over we can, but I'm hoping to avoid that. To reiterate, we did the following:

1. Ran export.
2. Logged in to admin site and chose to Un-Delete team.
3. Saw one of the existing Dallas Spirit names linked back to the dallaspirits18 squad on the admin accounts page.
4. Ran an Import on the device.
5. Reran an export thinking it would refresh the admin website because stats were still missing. Unfortunately, no change.
6. Checked this morning and somehow Dallas Spirits (Trinity) was linked to dallaspirits18 admin website. Removed this and tried matching one of the two existing Dallas Spirits teams without luck.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:01 am

If you have games for a team with no roster, that means the lineups were created for the games without adding the players to the actual team roster.

To fix this, go into iScore, select one of the games, select the Play by Play option, tap on Game Starts, tap Edit next to Starting Lineup, then for both home and visitor teams, tap Options then Copy Lineup -> Roster. This will copy the game lineup to the team roster.

You can then do an Options -> Export in iScore to update the website.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
shawnlee_43

Post by shawnlee_43 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:10 am

RESOLVED!!! It required us going an extra step to name one of the two teams with a 2 so we could distinguish which was holding the stats and which was holding the roster. We merged the 2 teams and then used your instructions to copy to roster and everything reappeared. SO GRATEFUL for your assistance. Thanks!

Now I just need to start the project of merging teams, players, etc. I have a feeling I'll be back. Thanks again!!