Broken device, games on device not exported, is there a fix? (responded/closed)

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
Tru2theBlu

Broken device, games on device not exported, is there a fix? (responded/closed)

Post by Tru2theBlu » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:47 pm

Hi all,

The device I was using to score my games broke and I have gotten a new device. However, I did not export the last 6 or 7 games before the device broke. Is there any way to get these games recovered from the old device?

Thanks for any answers.
-Mark
OhioTex

Re: Broken device, games on device not exported, is there a fix?

Post by OhioTex » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:00 pm

Happy Fourth of July!

Yes you can retrieve those un exported games if...
  • a) you know the former device id and password that you used to score the old games
    b) on the old device, you had enabled Option scorecast or synchronization and had internet connection .
you will basically retrieve games (one game at a time) using "Option > Data Share > Get From Web > using the former device ID and password. takes probably less than a minute a game...

Read below for instructions, and post back if any questions

From your new device:

iSCORE > OPTION > DATA SHARE > GET FROM WEB >former device USER ID and Password
you can retrieve two different ways.
1) using User ID with "sc:" in front of it, e.g. "sc:123456789" , and it will pull data from theiscorecast.com servers(populated by having enableding OPTION > iSCORECAST and scoring / broadcasting a game with an internet connected device)

or

2) using User ID with "sync:" in front of it e.g.. "sync:123456789", which pulls data from the synchonization servers(enabled under OPTIONS > SYNCHRONIZATION > )

* note1) : Only games not on your device will show up for retrieval. If you have a partial game on your device, (pre scheduled or in progress, or final) the program will NOT show as available for retrieval until you remove the game from your device.

* note2): As usual, when troubleshooting, Mmake sure the ALL LEAGUE is enabled, so that you see all the data on your device
source: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12008
iScore Baseball/Softball
* FAQ http://iscoresports.com//baseball/support.php
* Updated Manual http://iscoresports.com/baseball/manual.php?gd=1
* Stat Formulas http://data.iscorecentral.com/legend.ph ... internal=1
Tru2theBlu

Post by Tru2theBlu » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:53 pm

Wow, thanks for the quick reply! And Happy Fourth of July back at ya!

Unfortunately, I don't remember the password for my old device and I cannot access it because it is broken. Also, I don't think I had them under synchronization or scorecast either. Bummer.

Another bummer, I tried changing the password on the website and now I can't even log in on the website! Ugh.

I emailed support hoping there is something they can do behind the scenes? Live and learn I guess. Export after every game!
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:03 pm

Which website are your having password issues with ( ?? url ?? )

Do you know the old device ID? Any chance you had purchased an add on product like Team Web site or had registered your old device to a email ID for my.iscorecentral.com ? ( ie, looking for ways to help identify your former device, to have any chance to recover those games)

Yes ideally "option> export" after every game, but the synchronization by wifi feature is enabled by default, so all hope not lost yet
iScore Baseball/Softball
Tru2theBlu

Post by Tru2theBlu » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:12 pm

OhioTex wrote:What website are your having password issues woth ( ?? url )

Do you know the old device ID? Any chance you had purchased an add on product like Team Web site or had registered your old device to a email ID? ( ie, looking for ways to help identify your former device, to have any chance to recover those games)
Yes, I do have the old device ID. Just not the password. I used it to log on to the iScore baseball website and the password was autosaved and I never changed it until trying recently.

my.iscorecentral.com is where I was exporting data to.

Now I can only access that sure with my new device ID and password.

I registered the old device on the website today hoping that would help. But now I can't access it and all of the data that was on the old device and website.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:25 pm

you said a lot there.. lets break into parts as hard to follow without more stepwise specific details..

1) with your old device ID, go to Iscorecast.com and see how many of the missing games are safely stored there

Let us know how many of the X missing games are there and not ..

2) when you tried to 'register' your old device at my.iscorecentral.com , i assume you registered it to an email address. You should have gotten an email to confirm/ finish the process .. did you get that email? If not check your spam filter.

Let me know if you can now access your old device at my.iscorecentral.com with old device id or email address. If you can access this, you can recover those games.

3) did you register your new device to same email account at my.iscorecentral.com. Have you done that?

Let me know if you can access your new device at my.iscorecentral.com with new device id or email.

4) does your new device have any NEW games scored that you need to preserve? ( or is it a blank/empty databaae?)

If a new device is a blank/empty database (ie has No new Games on it yet), then with both devices registered to same email, you can sign on to my.iscorecentral.com with your email address and click on account and manage data and copy your old data base and replace on the new device with option import

CAUTION: - If you have new games on new device you need to preserve , you will have to do a few extra steps before the DATABASE COPY
A) scorecast all new games, (for safe keeping)
B) verify all new games are on iscorecast.com w new device id,
C) do above data base copy and option import,
D) then retrieve these new games w option> data share> web> With new device id

Let me know answers to above questions and the exact steps you try and results ..then i can continue to walk you through recovery
iScore Baseball/Softball
Tru2theBlu

Post by Tru2theBlu » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:23 pm

OhioTex wrote:you said a lot there.. lets break into parts as hard to follow without more stepwise specific details..

1) with your old device ID, go to Iscorecast.com and see how many of the missing games are safely stored there

Let us know how many of the X missing games are there and not ..

2) when you tried to 'register' your old device at my.iscorecentral.com , i assume you registered it to an email address. You should have gotten an email to confirm/ finish the process .. did you get that email? If not check your spam filter.

Let me know if you can now access your old device at my.iscorecentral.com with old device id or email address. If you can access this, you can recover those games.

3) did you register your new device to same email account at my.iscorecentral.com. Have you done that?

Let me know if you can access your new device at my.iscorecentral.com with new device id or email.

4) does your new device have any NEW games scored that you need to preserve? ( or is it a blank/empty databaae?)

If a new device is a blank/empty database (ie has No new Games on it yet), then with both devices registered to same email, you can sign on to my.iscorecentral.com with your email address and click on account and manage data and copy your old data base and replace on the new device with option import

CAUTION: - If you have new games on new device you need to preserve , you will have to do a few extra steps before the DATABASE COPY
A) scorecast all new games, (for safe keeping)
B) verify all new games are on iscorecast.com w new device id,
C) do above data base copy and option import,
D) then retrieve these new games w option> data share> web> With new device id

Let me know answers to above questions and the exact steps you try and results ..then i can continue to walk you through recovery
1. Before today I could log into iscorecentral(edit) with my old ID and password. However, today I changed my password(or tried) and now I can't login to the old device for iscorecentral(edit). I think there are 6 or 7 games that were on my old device that I did not export into the database at iscorecentral (edit).

2. I did register my old device on iscorecentral (edit) with an email and I did confirm that. Then I went and changed the password and cannt login to the old device on iscorecentral (edit).

3. I can log into my new device on iscorecentral(edit), but I don't have anything I want to keep on there. I have not registered that device to the email yet. I can do that easily.

4. No games i want to save on new device. 2 games but no need to save.

I will try to register the new device and see about transferring data.

I appreciate the help so far.
Thanks, Mark

*Edits for saying iscorecast when I meant iscorecentral!
Last edited by Tru2theBlu on Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tru2theBlu

Post by Tru2theBlu » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:34 pm

Ok, some nice progress! I have now transferred all of the data from old device that was exported to iscorecentral to my new device.

So from what I can see, only missing, I counted 8 games that I did not export from old device before it broke.

Not sure if it's possible to get those back or not, but would be awesome. Let me know if you can help on those last 8 games. Or maybe support can behind the scenes?

Thanks again,
Mark
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:40 am

@ Mark - Great to hear progress.

#1) Confirming.. by your last post, i believe you now have :
  • A) successfully registered both your old device and new device to a common email and can now access both on my.iscorecentral.com. good.

B) you were able to copy all your old device database to your new device database on my.iscorecentra.com and then option > import those old games to your new device. great

C) your new device now has all the old games but is still "missing 8" (that were not option exported before your old device broke). the Issue
#2 please go to iscorecast.com
  • Note : my.iscorecentral.com and iscorecast.com are two different url addresses and represent two different server databases.

At iscorecast.com enter your old device ID (no password needed) and review the list of games.

Please confirm back. "yes I see all 8 missing games on iscorecast.com under old device ID#".
#3) if so great, , all you now need is to transfer those "8 games" to your new device.
  • you can do this yourself if you have your old device ID and password. I will assume you have tried everything you can to recover old password, (typed in as many password ideas as you could at my.iscorecast.com user: old device ID, and password) but despite efforts you can not remember old password... so yes, then Support is your next choice, but no guarantee they will be able to recover those old "8 games" likely but not guaranteed...
#4) When you email support@iscoresports.com make sure you included all the info they need to respond back quickly... Include:
  • A) old device ID#
    And explain you lost its device password, tried to recover but can not recover.

B) new device ID#
    And explain you have copied your old device database from to new device using manage data on my.iscorecentral.com. that your New device is now up to date and in sync with my.iscorecentral.com. server by use of option import and export.

C) explicit request transfer of the 8 missing games
    Explain that you would like them to transfer these specific '8 missing games" that you can see them at iscorecast.com using old device ID. That if they can transfer them to new device admin server at my.iscorecentral.com, you can then import them with Option Import. Once notified done, you know you will 'option > import' back to your new device and replace all data on your device. (which is ok because your admin server and device are up to date and in sync using option Export and Import)

D) be exact in listing the 8 missing games .
    do not short change your description of the games, include name, date, teams and score - this helps make it easier to find in a long list of game data.

E) include a link to this forum so they can associate the two requests as from the same customer
#5) former games on new device
  • Remember, If you did need any of the "2" games you 'lost' on new device when you imported in old device data, you can likely still retrieve those "2" games from new device by iscore> Option > Data Share > Get from web > with SC:NewDeviceID and SYNC:NewDeviceID and new device password (note: "sc:" and "sync:" including colon, in front of new device ID) as explained in my prior posts
#6) Keep updated (Option > Export)
  • while you wait for support to respond, make sure if you score any more new games, you option > export every time so server stays up to date. So when support adds to your data base it is current and thus when you option import back, and it replaces all your data again you will not loose any new games
#7 Option Settings
  • You should probably also check on new device under Options your ISCROECAST and SYNCHRONIZATION settings, for future protection.
#8 ) save ID and Passwords
  • probably a good idea to write down some where your old and new device IDs and passwords for future reference. you can see how having them is powerful for recovery and transfer of old games

Lastly, hope this is helping you . Keep me posted with progress or if you have more questions...

/OhioTex
iScore Baseball/Softball
Tru2theBlu

Re: Broken device, games on device not exported, is there a fix? (resolution in progress, pending user's next feedback)

Post by Tru2theBlu » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:49 am

So we may have done all we can. When I go to iscorecast, no games appear. I was even able to change the password for my old device for the data sharing and nothing was there to view either. Support got back to me quickly today and gave me the options to retrieve games via sync:xxxxxxx and sc:xxxxxxx, but there is nothing there for that old device.

Either in attempting to recover my old device I wiped all of the data OR I never had any sync or scorecast from my old device.

Thanks again for all of your help! I have learned quite a lot just with this interaction.
-Mark