Will stats carry on to next game?

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
bald_eagle

Will stats carry on to next game?

Post by bald_eagle » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:55 pm

I am guessing that the stats will only show for the one game, and that there is not any totals anywhere.

In your future PRO version, it would be great to have League's. You could enter the teams and specify how many games played, and then have totals throughout the season. Or, be able to specify the games by date and have them run the totals on all players.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Will stats carry on to next game?

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:19 pm

Both setting up "leagues", and summaries for the league are top priorities for an upcoming release... your are reaffirming that we are prioritizing correctly.

Thank you.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
heroes

Post by heroes » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:48 am

I"m glad you guys are working on this feature.
Until this works out, I don't think lots of amateur teams can use this app just yet.
The whole point of keeping score is to keep track of the stats through out the season.

there are about 3 baseball score card apps available on iphone now but non of them seem to be well made. I can't say yours is any better among them but I think has the most potential.

I can sense the enthusiasm from you guys so I'm hoping this will be a good app to be hopeful for.

looking forward to the updates
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:41 pm

Any data entered now for teams will not be lost when the "cumulative / season" stats feature comes out... any games that had been previously entered will automatically be able to roll up to the cumulative stats. So I don't think it is a complete loss to start entering games now as we are working to have a release every week or two, and the cumulative stats will be here very soon.

Thank you again for the feedback as that is what will make iScore stand out as the best scoring app for the iPhone.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
bald_eagle

Post by bald_eagle » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:06 pm

Excellent! I loved the email support as I scored the first game of the year. You guys have done an awesome job!
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:15 am

I am concerned there may be some Misconception, on this thread. For this reading, I believe what was asked for originally does exist today. And should not be considered a ‘ding’ on this app.

The future functionality FTM is talking about, is the capability to summarize stats for a league across teams... the ability to summarize a specific teams stats, from game-to-game (original question) - does exist today in the app (and has since version 1). (note the difference in summarizing across teams in a league vs summarizing games for a team).

For the original question asked, "will stats carry on to next game". The short answer is Yes – most definitely.

For a given team, every game you score can be assigned to a league, and all the games in a league for a team will be totaled automatically. You do this on teh device by:
1) select your desire league in league manager and turn it on,
2) select desired team in team manager,
3) choose team stats button on your desired team - bottom left of screen "team stats".
4) You can view the totals on your device or email them to yourself in excel format to manipulate further manually if you want .

PLUS .. once in excel you can do anything you want with them. including manually totaling across teams for a whole league, if you have scored the games for each team in the league. For example, if you have multiple teams in a league and what to summarize every team in a league, email yourself each team’s stats as described above , and then manually combine in excel. Can then sort for league leaders etc.

today, since you can only score a game at a time on your iphone, unlikely you will physically be able to cover every game for every team in a league and score real time, with only one device.. But with next release (v2.6) you will start to be able to share scored games from other devices and now start to see where having league summaries across teams automated will come into play. As it stands now you can do it manually as described above from different devices.

I hope this clarifies.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:03 am

Yes... this was a very old thread.