Roster not showing up on score card and stats not transferring to Team Stats (responded, awaiting user reply back)

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
smittydano

Roster not showing up on score card and stats not transferring to Team Stats (responded, awaiting user reply back)

Post by smittydano » Tue May 30, 2017 9:53 am

Scored a game this past weekend and neither team has the players listed on the scorecard. This is not a big deal, however the stats from that game are not populating the Team Stats. So, I have a bunch of hits that werent recorded on Team Stats and now the season stats are off.

Any solutions for this?
OhioTex

Re: Roster not showing up on score card and stats not transferring to Team Stats

Post by OhioTex » Tue May 30, 2017 1:36 pm

for the game in question, your starting line up drives the names on the scorecard. and the game stats.

If you are not seeing game stats, you may have wrong leagues enabled or duplicate teams or players. Lets see what we can do..

To help with trouble shooting, first go to league manager and turn on (enable ) the special all league.

second, Where are you viewing your scorecards and team stats that you say are not correct? . In email or on Web site or in game manager or team manager. ? Where are you stats not showing correct?

SCORECARD issue..
  • go to Game Manager> select the game in question
    At the game info screen review the scorecards, Are they wrong here?
    If so, go to Play by play (or pitch by pitch)/ Game Editor and fix the starting line up..
    the first activity is Game Starts, Select game Starts and then Select Edit Starting line up.
    What do you see here? for both visitors and Home?. this Should be the players in the order they will show up on the scorecard. (if this starting line up is not correct, the scorecard and stats will be wrong)
    Edit to make sure your starting line up is correct. (report back if not) then Save and Exit back to game Info screen,
    At game info screen , hit Score game (or play) in upper right corner, and make sure the GAME OVER message is there.
    If game over is there, , do a quick undo and redo. ( to force scorecard refresh) .
    If game over not there, go to misc menu and choose END GAME.
    these two tricks will update the PDF generator for your scorecard.
    You can review the scorecard from here, is it now correct ?
    Exit back to game info screen, and check the score cards here too. .
Game Stats
  • If you have ALL league enabled and not seeing game stats under game manager, try a manual game stat recalc
    Game Manager > Select Game> View Batting Stats > Select Re calc (upper right button) > select ALL recalc if you have not made manual stats edits.
Team Stats
  • in team manager, Select team, Select team stats, are the game stats now included? .
    if not, in team Manager, do you have one version of your team or duplicated? (if duplicated you may want to merge them)
    in team manager, when you select your team, look under team Roster, Do you have all the right players listed?
    In player manager, do you happen to have duplicates of your players listed, if so you will probably want to merge them and then go back to team manager and make sure all the right ones on the team roster.
iScore Baseball/Softball
* FAQ http://iscoresports.com//baseball/support.php
* Updated Manual http://iscoresports.com/baseball/manual.php?gd=1
* Stat Formulas http://data.iscorecentral.com/legend.ph ... internal=1
smittydano

Re: Roster not showing up on score card and stats not transferring to Team Stats

Post by smittydano » Wed May 31, 2017 7:03 am

I HAVE ISCORE VERSION 3.51.106. I TRIED EVERYTHING YOU SUGGESTED AND NO LUCK. THE PLAYERS ARE LISTED ON THE GAME SCORING PAGE, BUT THEY ARE NOT LISTED ON THE SCORECARD THAT LOOKS LIKE A HANDWRITTEN SCORE BOOK. WHEN I CHECK THE GAME INFO PAGE TO SEE STATISTICS, NOTHING FOR EITHER TEAM IS LOADED. NO TEAM BATTING, PITCHING, FIELDING. THE SCORE BOOK IS COMPLETE AND ACCURATE, BUT DOESN'T LIST THE PLAYERS FOR EITHER TEAM. I AM GUESSING THAT IS WHY THE STATISTICS ARE NOT SHOWING UP.

I COULDN'T FIND "EDIT STARTING LINEUP." I WENT BACK AND CHECKED ALL OF THE LEAGUES. I TRIED TO SYNCH AND NOTHING. I WENT TO PITCH BY PITCH AND THE ONLY OPTIONS THERE ARE "BACK" AND "EMAIL."

SOME OF THE PLAYERS ON OUR TEAM PLAY FOR OTHER TEAMS, BUT I HAVE ALL LEAGUES CHECKED. I EVEN UNCHECKED CERTAIN LEAGUES. I ENABLED ALL LEAGUES.

THE STATS ARE NOT ON THE SCORECARD AND ARE NOT SHOWING UP ON GAME MANAGER OR TEAM MANAGER FOR THIS ONE GAME. ALL OTHER PREVIOUS GAMES ARE LOADED.

I AM AT A LOSS.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Wed May 31, 2017 7:33 am

this may take some back and forth trouble shooting, to understand your exact situation and resolve. Frankly, the old version of your iscore program may be the root cause culprit. Also, easier to read the mixed case text over the all CAPS.

Getting you to explain what you see in the starting line up screen in detail from the game editor screen will be key. It will show if extra players or no name players or what.

1) the current version of iscore for Android is 4.51 and iOS 5.020. you said you are on version 3.51.106. Which is well over 4 years old.
  • Why, are you not on most current version ? What hardware are you using?
  • I would recommend updating to most current version of iscore (unless a hardware reason),
  • before upgrading, you would want to
    • A) back up your data by OPTION > EXPORT (in case something happens in update process ) and
      B) write down your device ID and password, (found under OPTIONS > ADMIN WEB SIITE) )
  • the changes from version 3 to version 4 in iScore are VERY significant
2) How long have you been scoring ( in rough number of iscore games) trying to determine if a new iscore user, intermediate or veteran user, (trying to understand how detailed i need to be in my replies and descriptions) . Also helpful what age / level you tend to score for baseball/softball .

3) When you say you tried to SYNC, if you are referring to the SYNC button, (do not worry about that, it is for Major league baseball subscription Option, which i assume you are not using)

4) For troubleshooting, Leave ALL league enabled in League Manager.
  • the ALL league will override your other league on/off settings, don't need to worry about them, ALL League ON wiill make sure all data is visible in player/game/team manager.
5) from before post, Can you confirm In Game Manager, your game, does show FINAL, (an F instead of an inning number) or when on the main game scoring screen you got the GAME OVER message?. If not final, please make final.

6) Important, to get you to find and use the game editor . to describe the Game Line up screen in detail) ( Game Manager > Select Game > Select Editor (Pitch by Pitch (or play by play) / Game Editor) > )
  • did you find the editor and do you understand how to use it ?
  • the first activity in the game editor is the game start. tap on it to show edit starting line up item. click on edit to see the line ups for the teams. both home and visitors
  • I want to know what the line up screen says in detail, and if you see any issues. .. this is the critical piece of info, does it list each player as expected, in the right order and the right ones with Batting equal to yes. If not report back and Fix. let me know exactly how many in the line up, how many batting and how many not batting and if you see anything "odd", (e.g. blank names, or duplicated names, or Same player on both Home and Away teams, All these will be clues to me to help you resolve)
7) Have you done a stat RECALC? If not, lets do that ..
In Game Manager > select your game > select your teams batting stats > then tap RECALC = button in upper right corner (choose recalc all if given an option) . did this change stats?

Post back on EACH of the above numbered items with answer/response/confirmations -- and i will then follow up with Next steps.
iScore Baseball/Softball
* FAQ http://iscoresports.com//baseball/support.php
* Updated Manual http://iscoresports.com/baseball/manual.php?gd=1
* Stat Formulas http://data.iscorecentral.com/legend.ph ... internal=1