Marking players inactive in lineup screen (resolved)

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
_david_aaron

Marking players inactive in lineup screen (resolved)

Post by _david_aaron » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:05 pm

At the start of our season, I set our full roster, with some players active and some players inactive, and set our full schedule, up until the end of April. Since then, some of the players who were active at the start of the season have left and are no longer active. I've set these players as inactive in our roster, but when setting the lineup for our April 30 game, they still show up as active players in the lineup screen, and I can't figure out how to set them as inactive so they don't appear in the lineup screen. Could you please help me out with this?

Thanks,
David
OhioTex

Re: Marking players inactive in lineup screen

Post by OhioTex » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:19 pm

You are dealing with quarks of pre scheduling games -- iscore supports pre scheduling games, but as you mention, things change over time, as such support will also say the best practice is to just create game closer to game day - if not on game day.

that said, here is how it works and how you can easily handle..

when you originally scheduled the game (under team manager), the starting line up is based on your Team Roster ("team Manager > Team > roster") at that moment in time (all active team roster players are added to your game starting line up, any inactive team roster players are not added to game line up)..

fast forward to future day.. when you go into that game.. the program will automatically check and add any new active players to game line up screen but will not automatically remove any deactivated players from game line up screen not on your team active roster.. , you have to do that manually.

Developers had a tradeoff decision to make, and that is how they programed it. Assume easier for users to remove players (one click) rather than to add players (multiple clicks and/or typing)..

so for you, on game day, Just remove any players from game line up , not there on game day when you set your starting line up .. (they will be removed from the game line up, but not the device, no stats lost)..

what you are experiencing, is an artifact of scheduling in advance and things changing a bit over time. perfectly normal.
iScore Baseball/Softball
* FAQ http://iscoresports.com//baseball/support.php
* Updated Manual http://iscoresports.com/baseball/manual.php?gd=1
* Stat Formulas http://data.iscorecentral.com/legend.ph ... internal=1
_david_aaron

Re: Marking players inactive in lineup screen (answered, awaiting user response)

Post by _david_aaron » Tue May 23, 2017 4:08 am

Hi OhioTex, thanks for your response. Somehow I never saw this at the time that you posted it. The reason that we scheduled all the games at the start of the season is that we plan to populate our website with iScore's data, and we would use the Game Manager info to populate our Schedule page.

Anyway, it's easy enough to just remove guys from the game lineup using the delete button; didn't know that was possible without removing them from the roster. Thanks for your help.

Best,
David