Best way for multiple players to use one account (answered, awaiting user response)

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
giants21

Best way for multiple players to use one account (answered, awaiting user response)

Post by giants21 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:42 am

Hello,

Forgive me if this question has already been asked as I am new to iScore.

Basically, we would like the ability for multiple players on our team to be able to keep score from their own device. This way if one person was unable to be at the game the other could keep score on his device and then everything would get updated to the same account. Right now, I've registered my phone and my friend's phone to my email address. I am not sure if this will achieve what we are trying. I needed to copy over the data from device to his in order for him to receive all the information I inputted on his device. Simply clicking import didn't work for him.

What is the best way to achieve what we are looking for?
OhioTex

Re: Best way for multiple players to use one account

Post by OhioTex » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:54 am

Welcome to iScore and the support forum

I think you will find iscore baseball/softball is the most robust and highest value app available for scoring youth/amateur baseball/softball games and broadcasting real time play-by-play to remote fans who can not attend in person..

IScore does have the ability to share games scored on different devices with others. That is a standard feature, They call it "data sharing" and it is accessed by "Options > Data Sharing > " ( not "option> import" .. that is for other purposes)

Here is a link with more info on data shareing http://iscoresports.com/baseball/kb/faq ... _share.php

Basically, The source device, after scoreing a game, updates their web database by doing an option > export. Then The receiver on their device, goes to "option > data share> get from web" > enters the source device/customer Id and password > and transfers in the game.

This transfer happens in manner of seconds, even over cell phone data connections and the amount of data used is nominal, 20 games about size of 1 song

I want to be clear, iscore is not a 'simultaneous multi user' program . IScore does not provide for "multiple user's" to score the same game simultaneously on different devices and then merge real time or later. i.e. One person can not score offense and one defense on two separate devices and combine or merge into a single game. Nor can one person score first 3 innings on their device and another last three innings on their device and 'merge' the games. Simultaneous multi user scoring and merging games is too complex for current phone app.

As said before, what IScore does provide is a way to quickly transfer and share a scored game from one device to another (if source device provides receiver their device ID and password). Classic example, I can score game 1 on my iphone, leave and my wife score game 2 on her iPad, and our friend score game 3 on his android phone - and at the end of the day, The coach can Transfer all games to his phone, so although 3 different people scored 3 different games on 3 different devices, it can be consolidated to coaches device and have all three games on his phone with complete composite stats. (Plus if a person scoring enables scorecast, a fan with the provided game link can get real time pitch by pitch game updates on their phone/computer).

What you will want to do is designate a 'master' device. (e.g. your phone) so anyone who scores a game on a different device, just has to score game, then "Option> export" and provide you with their customer ID and password. (Customer/device ID and password are found in each device under "IScore> options> admin website"... user can set /change password there too). Then you on the master device would go to "option > data share> get from web > enter the source device/customer Id and password > and transfers the game into your device.

FYI - The first time you transfer, the program will ' map' the team and players. Each team and player has an underlying unique identifier, and in the mapping process these are linked so on each device your team and players are known to be the same and transfer accordingly.

FYI- once a game is on both devices, it will not show up on the list of games available transfer. I.e. Transfer list only shows games not on receiving device. Even if different degrees of complete. I.e. If you shared pre game (or say in 3rd inning) and went back post game to share, the completed game will not show as it has already been transferred. You would need to delete unfinished game from receiving device to re transfer an updated or final finished game

Tip. I much prefer transfers using the web, not Bluetooth, as Bluetooth is just finicky.

Tip: leagues do not transfer with "data share" each device managers its own league structure

Tip: After every game scored or transferred, it is recommend doing an "Option > export" to update web server and create a backup of your data base

As a new user, may I recommend reviewing the user manual, link is in my signature line below and scan the frequently asked question thread for tips posted at the top..

Hope this helps provide both context and specifics on how to handle. Please feel free to post back with more questions for clarification or other issues you may encounter
iScore Baseball/Softball
* FAQ http://iscoresports.com//baseball/support.php
* Updated Manual http://iscoresports.com/baseball/manual.php?gd=1
* Stat Formulas http://data.iscorecentral.com/legend.ph ... internal=1