changes to lineup

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
dojoboy

changes to lineup

Post by dojoboy » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:36 pm

Is there ay way to change the lineup once the game is already in play? Suppose you forget to add a player to original lineup, but then realize you need to add a player. It doesn't seem like it is possible. Also, can you change positions of players once the game is started. Like, for instance, I realized that the RF for my last game is now pitching this one, but I forgot to do it from the beginning. It doesn't seem possible to change positions unless you do it as a substitution. Am i missing someting here? Or is this program somewhat limited in being able to make these kinds of edits?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: changes to lineup

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:20 pm

You can make all of these kinds of edits you would like. To change the starting lineup, just click Misc -> Show starting lineup. To move players around in the field, just touch the fielder, and select a different fielder at that position. All of these capabilities are documented both in training videos and a user guide at http://iscorecentral.com/baseball/training.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:32 am

my two cents -

line up - if you bat all, one restriction you have is once you bat through the order, you can no longer increase the number of batters, if you line up bats 10, and an 11th player shows up late, once you have batted around you can not go from 10 batting to 11. You can however, substitute a player into a batting slot anytime, but not create a new batting slot after batting around once.

substitutions - you can correct missed field position assignments and/or substitutions after the fact - no problem. Use the pitch by pitch editor. As this does not effect the outcome of a game just the stats it is allowed anytime.
dtkreutz

Post by dtkreutz » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:03 am

Quick question along those lines..
If I miss a substitution, then go back and change it in pitch by pitch, will player stats be adjusted correctly?
ie, if bob is first baseman, then I see an error at first and score that, then later that inning notice that pete had been substituted,... if I change that in pitch by pitch, will pete be correctly charged with the error, or will it stay with bob?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:11 am

Yes, all stats are updated to reflect any substitutions you make in pitch by pitch after the fact.
dochase

Post by dochase » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:51 am

OhioTex wrote:my two cents -

line up - if you bat all, one restriction you have is once you bat through the order, you can no longer increase the number of batters, if you line up bats 10, and an 11th player shows up late, once you have batted around you can not go from 10 batting to 11. You can however, substitute a player into a batting slot anytime, but not create a new batting slot after batting around once.

substitutions - you can correct missed field position assignments and/or substitutions after the fact - no problem. Use the pitch by pitch editor. As this does not effect the outcome of a game just the stats it is allowed anytime.
I differ on this. When I first got the app, my son's freshman coach did this exact thing. He added a batter at the end of the lineup in the middle of the game. I panicked, but figured it out. Just went to starting lineup and added the 10th player batting and the next time up he batted in the 10th spot and showed up on the scorecard. I recreated this scenario by walking the first 18 batters and then added the tenth batter and he showed up on the scorecard. Now if an extra batter is inserted into the middle of the lineup, that does mess things up. (i.e., inserting a batter after the leadoff spot gives that batter the 2nd place hitters stats and then everybody is bumped down one spot.)
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:43 pm

Adding an extra player to the end of a lineup after batting through should work OK as long as he should not have batted in the first inning. The confusion is that if you entered 10 players batting, batted around to the first, and did not realize until later that there was actually an 11th batter, iScore can not automatically "shift the at bats" that were entered for the wrong players to close the gap when the 11th batter is added. As long as the player truly showed up late, and is only batting in the future inning, then adding a player to the end of the lineup should work just fine.