Iscore general questions (pending user response)

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
larsonj2350

Iscore general questions (pending user response)

Post by larsonj2350 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:12 pm

We are newer to iscore. Set everything up from last year to this year. Have a few questions......
- How do you broadcast the game online? Things have been changed since last year.
- Does it cost parents, friends, grandparents to watch live games via iscore central? If so how much?
- You can not find our team by searching teams on iscore central. We don't have any games until this weekend at our first tournament and I haven't set that up yet as I don't know who will be home and/or visitor.
- The coaches don't want parents, grandparents, etc having access to the season stats, so if I give them our ID for anything I need to make sure they don't have access to everything.

Thanks.
OhioTex

Re: Iscore general questions

Post by OhioTex » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:55 pm

welcome aboard -

I think you will find iScore is the most robust scoring app value in the market for iOS and Android Phones and tablets
We are newer to iscore. Set everything up from last year to this year. Have a few questions......
- How do you broadcast the game online? .
  • 1) need an active internet connection
    2) set the Option setting for iscorecast = on.
    3) score the game. (that is it)
    (uses very little data, 20 games equals about 1 song download )
- Does it cost parents, friends, grandparents to watch live games via iscore central? If so how much?
  • depends as there are different ways to "Watch"

on a computer or laptop - on a smartphone or tablet (iOS/Android) ,
    • you can get the total Score (without play by play) for free

But for play by play, you need the optional premium subscription ( $5 for 3 months) (enough for most youth seasons)
      they also get a unique Radio like audio play by play option with premium fee. (great for hands free listening)

see this thread for more explanation of the iScore Central Viewer App (blue icon)
      viewtopic.php?f=34&t=11670
- You can not find our team by searching teams on iscore central. We don't have any games until this weekend at our first tournament and I haven't set that up yet as I don't know who will be home and/or visitor.
  • your game won't show up until scheduled, no way around that, what you can do is set up and schedule (so shows in central list) then you can flip home and away teams if needed, when you start the game when setting the initial line up on game day.
- The coaches don't want parents, grandparents, etc having access to the season stats, so if I give them our ID for anything I need to make sure they don't have access to everything.
  • the broadcast will show the stats for the day, . no way around that, (you can turn off career to date stats. )
    parents with a userId without password can not get to any stats

the coach can control who gets stats or not by sending email. or optionally purchase a team web site subscription (20$ for a year) that has password restrictions and lets assistant coaches or others authorized to see stats and game records.

soap box - coaches should learn to embrace sharing accurate data. parents create their own version of the truth otherwise.
iScore Baseball/Softball
* FAQ http://iscoresports.com//baseball/support.php
* Updated Manual http://iscoresports.com/baseball/manual.php?gd=1
* Stat Formulas http://data.iscorecentral.com/legend.ph ... internal=1