FYI: No more private messages & update on Anti Spam Efforts

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

FYI: No more private messages & update on Anti Spam Efforts

Postby FTMSupport » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:38 am

Due to an increase in the use of private messaging to send SPAM to the users of the forum, we have decided to turn off private messaging to prevent it from happening. The forum has always been intended to be used for open sharing of information anyway, so we do not expect negative consequences, and it will keep people from getting the SPAM.

If you have anything you need to contact us for in private, you can email our support team at support@iscoresports.com.

Sorry to have to take this drastic step, but we do not have a less drastic way of preventing these disturbing messages.

Sincerely,
iScore Support
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
OhioTex

Re: No more private messages

Postby OhioTex » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:43 am

Open Note to iScore Forum User Community

I suspect regular users of this forum have noticed the increase use of the forum for purposes unrelated to iScore, SPAM and sometimes offensive postings and/or Sales links in signature lines and profiles. I wanted to let you know extra moderator measures have been taken to try and curb this unintended usage.

The forum has always been intended to be used for open sharing of information related to iScore to help users enjoy and use their iScore APP products. The wrongful use of the forum is a violation of the terms agreed to upon registration. I was reminded this week of the help and value this forum can be to legitimate users, and would like to keep it that way. Therefore even more measures are being taken to curb unintended use. I wanted to thank our true iScore forum members for their understanding, support and continued participation in the forum as intended.

What's being done..
In addition to Support closing private messaging as noted above. The Moderator group has always removed non-iScore related posts in as timely a manner as practical and will continue to do so. We will continue to BAN Usernames, Emails and IP addresses for suspicious and unrelated posts as we encounter them. We have also disabled the use of various fields in user profiles (ICQ, Yahoo Messenger, AOL IM, Web Site, etc) that were being used for on iscore related purposes. Lastly, users who register but do not use the board for its intended purpose are being aggressively deactivated. In some occasions usernames are being outright purged from the forum. Hopefully these extra measures will help this forum continue to be a positive experience for the iScore community.

Unintended consequences..
In the process, some legitimate users may be unintentionally banned or adversely impacted, If this happens, I apologize upfront. A proactive measure legitimate users can take to avoid being banned or deactivated is to simply use the forum as intended, browse all you like but once you register, make a Post or reply with a legitimate iScore related question to prove not an automated agent or spammer. Lastly, As a safeguard, If a user is deactivated or banned they will get a message upon attempted sign on with an email link to support to petition for reinstatement.

Regards
OhioTex
OhioTex

Re: No more private messages & update on Anti Spam Efforts

Postby OhioTex » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:12 pm

My apology to forum members who got notified of new posts and/or logged on this weekend - only to find numerous and offensive "spam" posts.

The spam posts were removed as quickly as practical. But I also wanted to let the community know this spike in spam did not go unnoticed.

Steps taken in August/ September were able to reduced spam, and hopefully this weekend will not reverse trend and become the norm. If it does increase too much- we will look into additional measures.

Return to “FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions [Baseball]”