IScore Central Not Free!

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
MSU

IScore Central Not Free!

Post by MSU » Mon May 30, 2016 6:38 pm

I have used both iscore and GAmeChanger and chose iscore because I thought it was a better app. Our friends and family loved the "free" app that they could use to keep up with their kids games if they weren't able to be there. Now iscore has deemed it necessary to charge for the app - not one fee, but an ongoing fee! This makes it impossible for some of our older fans and grandparents now. Even though, I don't like GC as much, I will be going to this app if this doesn't change. A lot of other teams that I won over to iscore have said the same thing.

Poor choice for revenue stream, in my opinion. If you need to make more money, charge more for the scoring app upfront.
brian.biggs

Re: IScore Central Not Free!

Post by brian.biggs » Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:03 pm

A bit disappointing that they have started charging for the live play-by-play service. They are not charging yet on the Android app (only on iPhone), but I'm sure that will be soon to follow.

Is there a restriction on the number of devices? Can you watch a play-by-play game on more than one device with the same account? Anyone who's bought the subscription tried that yet?

Live broadcast on the web is still free...wonder how long until they start charging for that one as well?
Amazon Kindle Fire 7" 2015 tablet
Running CyanogenMod 12.1
thesamurai

Post by thesamurai » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:18 pm

I ponied up and paid the $5. But, unfortunately this appears to be locked to a single device as my iPhone can access the app but my iPad wants me to pay again. I presume that this is so parents don't share between themselves and/or grandparents, etc.

Grrrr.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:15 pm

If you use the same iTunes account on multiple devices you can go through the purchase process on the second device with the same iTunes account and it will recognize you already own the subscription and add it to your second account as well. We do not prevent you from using the purchases on the multiple devices you may own as a family. This is how Apple has set up subscriptions to work.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs