weird scoring question- striking out on purpose

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
sdepace

weird scoring question- striking out on purpose

Post by sdepace » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:44 pm

I had a weird thing in one of my games. After the game the coach told me that he had two of our batters strike out on purpose to help the other team who was struggling. What would be the best way to go back and score that where the batter is not penalized?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: weird scoring question- striking out on purpose

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:59 pm

If the batter struck out, then that is what should be entered. There is not an option for "strike out but don't count it as a strikeout". If you really want the stats to not count, you can edit the game and sub in a dummy player (maybe with the name "Intentional Strikeout" so it is clear what is going on). Then that dummy player will be credited with the strikeout instead of the batter that actually struck out.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
LarryKoch

Post by LarryKoch » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:00 pm

I had the same thing happen except the coach told me what was going to happen before it happened. I did a skip batter, out=yes. The stats seemed OK.
ixamnis

Post by ixamnis » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:55 am

What happens with the opposing pitcher's pitch count when you just skip the batter and record an out?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:13 am

It would be wrong. It is also wrong to not count a strikeout against a batter because it was intentional. That would be like not counting an intentional walk in a batter's on base percentage. But if the scorekeeper wants to not count it, our suggestion of subbing in a fake player would keep the pitcher's stats intact as well as keep the strikeout out of the real batter's stats.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
ixamnis

Post by ixamnis » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:32 am

I too think you have to score a strikeout as a strikeout.