Girls Instead of Guys

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
City

Girls Instead of Guys

Post by City » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:55 pm

I am scoring a men's fastpitch tournament starting tomorrow. For some reason, as I scorecast a practice game today, the men (who are all entered as men) are on the scorecast as women. No offense but that is a major issue...what did I do wrong? Is it because I made each team a softball team? Help!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Girls Instead of Guys

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:11 pm

Yes, Softball shows women and Baseball shows men. You can set the game to Baseball and still score a softball game if you would rather see men images on the iScorecast.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
City

Post by City » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:19 pm

I'm sure this would not be easy, but some of the best Fastpitch softball on earth is played by men. If in the future improvement there's anyway to have the iscorecast pay attention to the sex of the individual player as entered rather than the sport chosen, that would be best.

I'm trying to sell your product to six other teams that are in this tournament. And they will probably buy this product after seeing it in use now that I have been able to switch this. But it would've been ideal for me not to have to find that out the hard way. These are very manly men, and they already have a complex that only women are considered fast pitch players in this day and age.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:41 pm

We will add this request to our enhancement list. Thank you for the suggestion.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
City

Post by City » Fri May 01, 2015 5:18 am

thanks. After airing a grievance, I always feel compelled to add, you have a great product.
ixamnis

Post by ixamnis » Fri May 01, 2015 6:11 pm

So what happens if you use iscore for a coed game? ;-)

Somewhat seriously now, a few years ago, even though I had the game set for softball, it would still show male players on the scorecast. When I added a new game under options I would then have to hit baseball and then back to softball to get girls to show up on the scorecast. To this day I still do that for each softball game I've added. I'm assuming that bug got fixed at some point and I really don't have to do that anymore.