New Game with existing roster

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
Jleith

New Game with existing roster

Post by Jleith » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:06 pm

Hello iScore

I'm trying to score as many games as I can to ensure I have my bugs worked out before the tournaments. I'm trying to get the league to accept scoring the game in iscore and printing the score sheet after the game for records.

I have a major glitch that takes additional 6 minutes that a scorekeeper doesn't have before the game. And I can see it causing errors when I believe there could be a fix.

The issue is on a new game with the team roster already entered.
Here are my steps.
"Play"
1. Get the Visiting team roster up
2. Active the players 1 at a time ( Need a Global team "YES" they are all playing)
3. Now have to adjust the batting for each of the 11 out of 12 batters. ( The 12th displays as the Batter 12)
-------
Having to now do the Home team.
Same steps...... and then double checking that they are correct

-------
Why is it that iscore can list the "Batting 1 but can't move the players in the batting order based on when they are set to "Yes"

Having to go into each player and set them to "Yes" then having to move them up 1.2.3.4 in the line up.

This is very annoying in today's game the paper copy score sheet vs the iscore.

We both were looking at the line up sheet and the paper copy was "Finished writing" when I was only on the 6th batter.

I did a game yesterday and the home team roster was brand new.
Now adding the players was slower then a pen & paper. Having to press the "Add" twice.
One saving grace is I Didn't have to move the batting order. It added them in as Batter 1 - 12 as I entered there names. - Thank you

I don't see the advantage of activating the players and then adjusting them ????
If they get added from the line up sheet starting from Line 1 - Line 12 then then they would be in order just like the "New Roster" format

The Roster Line up with Existing team needs a fast cleaner flow. The pen & paper is 20 % faster on entering the rosters.

John
team mom

Re: New Game with existing roster

Post by team mom » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:38 am

This will get easier with practice. Here are shortcuts.

1. Set your team rosters (under Team manager) so that all batters are set to yes. This eliminates one of your steps above. The team roster is what is used to create your lineup for each game. Much easier to set one or two players to batting = no than 11 players to batters = yes.

2. If you do not get your lineup until a few minutes before the game starts, you can adjust your batting order as they come up to bat. Just tap MISC-SHOW STARTING LINEUP and make adjustments for the current batter ( and maybe a couple more) during the warm-up swings until you have your entire line up set. Just make sure you have the correct number of batters set to YES at the beginning. You can always change who those batters are during the game.

3. Sometimes you do not have time to enter the opposing team before the game starts. You can use quick lineup to populate your batters and then update player names and numbers between innings (or during batter warm-ups) as you go. If you wind up with duplicate players after a game, just use the merge player function to correct afterwards. I try to enter opposing team lineups before going to a tournament but not always possible. Some have online rosters, many do not.
Team Mom

Check out the new iscore documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
Jleith

Post by Jleith » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:00 pm

Hello Team Mom

I follow the process of setting the players to "Yes" it takes more time to activate the players to yes then to use pen & paper.

I find that iscore could take the time to place the line up in sequential order when you activate a player then only time needed is setting them to yes based on the copy submitted by the coach.

Yes I guess it will get easier with time. I feel iscore could address the Batting order based on the YES.

I have taken your advise and set all the players in the roster to "Yes" and I guess when the game is due I can move them around. That will make it a little easier.

I was hoping iscore had taken the steps need at the beginning of the game. The program is running excellent once the roster is correct.

Thank you for your time to respond.

John
team mom

Post by team mom » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:30 pm

If your lineup does does change much, you can copy lineup to roster and get the same lineup for the next game.
Team Mom

Check out the new iscore documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
Jleith

Post by Jleith » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:55 pm

Hi Team Mom

I have the team rosters in the app. I have done two games and I messed up twice when I was snuffling the batting order. This was the many reason I was asking iscore to look into a new process to make the line up easier to add when the line ups are just handed in 10 min before the game starts.

It is so easy to make a mistake when the sun is shinning and making it hard to read the screen.

I have activated the Rosters to "Yes" for all of the players so if they stay that way I will see how fast I can shuffle the batting order to match the line up card. I will see how fast I can move the players over how fast the pen & Paper get entered. The league at this moment wants the paper copy during the games.

I will post the news on Sunday after the 2 games on the weekend.

John
Jleith

Post by Jleith » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:41 pm

Hi Team Mom

Well I have done a few more games. I have gotten the flow of moving the players on a existing roster. It would be nice option if there was a method to activate the total roster to "Yes" rather then address them 1 on 1.

I still would like iscore to find a way to shuffle the players into the correct 1 - 11 as they are activated. Just like when you add a new team they are activated 1 - 11.

Our last 3 games have been rained out so I hope the weekend is going to bring back sunshine.

John