iPad Upgrade can I transfer ALL games (YEARS WORTH!) to new

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
Eddie38

iPad Upgrade can I transfer ALL games (YEARS WORTH!) to new

Post by Eddie38 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:18 am

Apple has zapped all iPad 1 tablets and it really bites as I have the 3g on mine and use it primarily for iscore. If I could only downgrade the operating system to 5.0 or 4 instead of the 5.1.1 that automatically installed and now uses all of the smaller memory and crashes everything randomly ... but for a long time i have not been able to "export" all of my stuff to iscore online in order to "import" ... IS THERE A WAY (from a backup, etc) to transfer ALL games (dating back to 2010) to a NEW ipad (or, I am thinking an android tablet even as this really makes me mad with apple as much as I loved my first ipad --- they are essentially forcing upgrade to a new ipad and I think that is wrong when old apps work fine if the new op system wasn't eating the memory) .... I don't want to go ahead with that if I cannot.

There are a significant number of games so "data sharing" is a maddening process (I wish iscore would allow "group selections" in data sharing --- that would be a terrific feature instead of one game at a time) AND, as said before, all games have not been "exported" to allow for that.

Help? Guessing that there is a way. THEN --- I guess I can't keep my id # that all the parents have used for years either but that is no big deal I guess ... just need to be able to export to the website (which has become almost worthless since I cannot export to update).

Blah blah. Sorry to rant on and on. Hoping this is easy --- OR you know of a way to revert my ipad back so that I can continue as is but be able to export again.

Thanks,

Eddie
Eddie38

Re: iPad Upgrade can I transfer ALL games (YEARS WORTH!) to

Post by Eddie38 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:36 am

Actually, I now see that this has been answered by staff in an other post --- HOWEVER, trying to follow a way to do this with the games that have NOT been exported. What I CAN do is maybe transfer from old iPad to my android phone --- HOWEVER AGAIN (LOL) --- I guess that the phone is "registered" differently and I cannot apparently add it to my regular admin manage site. I see iscore baseball and basketball on ipad but not the android. When I typed in the id to "activate" it said it was already being used or invalid.

How do I associate the phone with AND ipad (all my versions) in one spot if, apparently, I did NOT do that when I purchased the android version as a backup ages ago?

Eddie
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: iPad Upgrade can I transfer ALL games (YEARS WORTH!) to

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:01 pm

If you register devices to the same email address, they will appear in the Admin Website together and you can transfer complete databases between them following the instructions here:

http://iscoresports.com/baseball/kb/faq ... lldata.php

If you are unable to Export from the iPad 1 because of memory issues, you can still get the data transferred using the "sync files" that are automatically uploaded to the iScore servers from iPad devices. To do this, on your new device, do the following:

1. Go to Options -> Data Sharing -> Get from Web Database

2. For Customer ID, enter "sync:<OLDID>"... include the sync: in front of your old customer ID but do not include the quotes. So if your old customer ID was 12345, you would enter "sync:12345" for the customer ID

3. For Password, enter the password that you see on the Options -> Admin Website screen in iScore of your old device

You will then be able to import the games one at a time from the old account. Yes, it will take some time, but you should only need to do this one time for all your games, and then you can use the easier Transfer All Data option in the future.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs