Upgrading to a new Device (new iPhone, new iPad, etc)

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
Southpaw

Re: Upgrading to a new Device (new iPhone, new iPad, etc)

Post by Southpaw » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:51 am

I have used my iPhone to score games all throughout the Fall season. I set up everything on the iPhone (setting up each tournament and the fall season in general as "leagues").

I just purchased an iPad 2 and downloaded the iPad app.

I used data sharing to transfer all of the data. However I notice that the leagues did not transfer. Do I have to set up each league manually on the new device and then reassign every game and player to the leagues again?

Also, our team webpage is assigned to the id on the iPhone. Based on my reading above I need to e-mail you all with the iPad id to get you to reassign the team webpage to the new id. Correct?

Thanks.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:57 am

If you have not entered anything new yet on the iPad, we can transfer the full database from one device to the other - this would include leagues. Just do an Options -> Export from BOTH devices, then email us at support@iscoresports.com with the old and new customer ID, and also the URL of your team website, and we can transfer everything over for you.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
Southpaw

Post by Southpaw » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:33 am

Thanks for the quick response. I'll do that later tonight when I get some time to export from both devices and e-mail you the information.

Should I delete the info on the iPad that came over from the data sharing? Or will your transfer copy over it?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:49 pm

The transfer will overwrite the data on your new device.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs